Forums
Hi, has anyone had a free PPI check and is it actually free? I'm always suspicious of anything advertised for free.
If you have used this service, who did you use and would you recommend them.
You can PM me if you don't want to leave a message here.
Thanks
I sorted my own PPI claims. Fab advice at www.moneysavingexpert.com

Most of the "free" ones take between 20 and 25% of the money you are due. So no they are not free, but they do everything for you.
Free?

Ask your local mechanic to fix your car for free and see where that gets you.

Do what rude has done and do it yourself, that way there are no costs involved and you get all the money awarded to yourself smile
Once they have your contact details you will be pursued relentlessly to sign up with them.

In fact, YOU do the work for them in telling them what banks you have had accounts with or any credit agreements you have ever had. All they do is send a standard form off to these people and await their response, creaming off 25% or more if any cash comes back.

In my case, I know I have never had payment protection, but thought I'd see what they did. I refused to take part in their interrogation, telling them it was up to them to find out, which terminated the discussion. I received phone calls, texts and emails from them for ages until I threatened legal action for harassment.

Have nothing to do with them. Do the job yourself as advised.

Thank you all for replying, I appreciate all of the information above.
Hi RUDEBOX, I've have had a good read of this site and will do the PPI myself.
Regards
© Wirral-Wikiwirral