Forums
Posted By: lincle Easylife - 3rd Apr 2017 11:04am
Anyone ordered from a company called Easylife ? A neighbour received the wrong items that would be quite expensive to return plus she still wants the correct items.Ive emailed Easylife for her on 3 occasions asking them to send correct order & arrange pick up of the unwanted items but not even had an acknowledgement. Where does she go next. Trading Standards ?
Posted By: venice Re: Easylife - 3rd Apr 2017 3:58pm
Not personally, but all the recent reviews are bad - This might be of help though.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/how-to-complain
Posted By: granny Re: Easylife - 3rd Apr 2017 4:04pm
How has she paid for them. If it's by Paypal, they are very good and will refund, providing you have tried to contact the company. But let them know asap. rather than in a couple of weeks.
If it's through the bank, check to see if the payment has gone through and if not cancel it.

Posted By: lincle Re: Easylife - 3rd Apr 2017 4:42pm
Thanks everybody,typically just had a response from Easylife .They want the wrong order back before replacing it & will arrange collection.As far as I know it was paid for by debit card,hopefully if anything goes wrong (once order collected ) they may refund & contact Easylife on my neighbours behalf. Thanks again .
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Easylife - 3rd Apr 2017 9:53pm
Most people know this, but if the goods are over £100 you should use a credit card rather than a debit card. Card companies are responsible if your goods are not delivered or are deficient and the seller can't or won't pay, provided the cost is over £100. This is not true of Debit cards. They have no responsibility for incurred losses.

I try to use Paypal when I can, but largely because online,it saves you having to type out your name and address and all your contact details.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Easylife - 3rd Apr 2017 11:41pm
There is a similar system for most debit cards called "Chargeback", its not a legal requirement like credit cards but it is in the scheme rules.
Posted By: lincle Re: Easylife - 5th Apr 2017 9:27am
You're right Digging.Dont think many bank customers know about it. Last year I contacted my bank as a duplicated payment had gone out of my account & the company concerned denied it ! The bank traced it & refunded my money ,they contacted the company & many weeks later they refunded it to my account & the bank then took it back .That was a debit payment ,great help from the bank as it was quite a bit of money & as a pensioner it was needed.Well worth asking bank for help.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral