Forums
Posted By: Habdab Has Talktalk been hacked yet again? - 24th Mar 2017 10:25am
Starting at the beginning of this week I have been bombarded relentlessly by scam phone calls purportedly from Talktalk. All calls are from a withheld private number so I can't block the call. The people all have a thick Indian accent, and as soon as I answer, they launch into their spiel about my router having problems.They possess my account details and it just annoys me that I'm going to have to change my phone number to escape these thieves. I refuse point blank to believe anyone who calls me from talktalk now, even if they are genuine.
I now just say, "You're a scammer" repeatedly until they hang up. I must have annoyed one scammer as he called me a MotherF***er before he hung up.
I thought all this rubbish had stopped, obviously not. I'm now convinced that Talktalk have been hacked YET AGAIN!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Has Talktalk been hacked yet again? - 24th Mar 2017 10:57am
Had the same phone call couple months back..led the caller up the garden path and he then proceeded to give me a volley of abuse. Only had the one call though and reported it to Talk Talk
Apparently their is a way of finding out which ISP you are with so they can target you with the Talk Talk spiel.
I doubt they have your account details (bank or talk talk) unless you gave it them. All they know is your phone number and ISP provide
Posted By: Habdab Re: Has Talktalk been hacked yet again? - 24th Mar 2017 12:38pm
They knew my Talktalk account number, my Address, my date of birth and who I banked with, including my bank account number. I most definitely did not give them this information.
Talktalk was hacked twice in the last two years and this information was stolen from their servers. In fact, at the time it happened, customers who were affected were contacted and given a free membership to a credit check firm so they could keep an eye on their credit rating in case the hackers got into their Bank accounts.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Has Talktalk been hacked yet again? - 24th Mar 2017 7:30pm
Your right Habdab that sounds more serious. Worth contacting Talk Talk if only to embarrass them.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral