Forums
Posted By: Gold_Moon Gas Fitter recommendations needed. - 7th Mar 2017 12:18pm
Hi! I'm looking for a gas fitter to remove 2 gas fires so I can continue with renovation work.

Also my parents need their boiler servicing, (do gas fitters do those or is that a different trade?) They're pensioners and have no central heating at the moment. All the radiators are stone cold, although they still have hot water.

All advice welcome! yes
Posted By: Salmon Re: Gas Fitter recommendations needed. - 7th Mar 2017 1:46pm
Is the pressure ok on the boiler, that could account for no heat but hot water.
Posted By: MoretonExpat Re: Gas Fitter recommendations needed. - 7th Mar 2017 8:50pm
I'm no expert but try bleeding the radiators? I was always amazed at how much air used to get in mine which would stop them heating up. Soon as I bleed them, they would heat up again. You can get a little key that goes in the valve usually at the top on the side of the radiator. Get a cloth and hold it under the value as you slowly open the valve with the key and let out any trapped air until you start to get water. Do the same on every one in the house. If you do it when the heating is on, the pump will pump air around the system and you should be able to get any air trapped, out. If it is trapped air, you should start to feel the radiator start to warm. If they don't heat up, then it maybe another problem sorry.

Hope that helps and hope you can get your folks home warm again soon and most of all, without spending money!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Gas Fitter recommendations needed. - 7th Mar 2017 9:40pm
I very highly recommend Tony Preston 0789 990 2003

Prices are extremely reasonable (I was ready for the usual gotcha bill), has other relatives/friends in the trade that he puts work to if he's too busy and you need work doing urgently.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Gas Fitter recommendations needed. - 8th Mar 2017 10:37am
Thank you all for your replies! happy
Posted By: dodie Re: Gas Fitter recommendations needed. - 11th Mar 2017 12:47pm
Hi look at our ad on here buisness part at top superior heating by Stephen foster tel 07984051336 thanks
Posted By: _Steve_ Re: Gas Fitter recommendations needed. - 12th Mar 2017 10:26am
Hi, if you have got hot water and no heating and it's not a combi boiler then the fault is most likely going to be with the system, not the boiler. Could be anything from a blocked cold feed to a siezed actuator. I would be happy to call in and have a quick look for you.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral