Forums
Posted By: TRFCKrisTRFC Asbestos shed removal - 13th Jan 2017 10:51pm
Hi, I'm looking to have my 16ft x 8ft asbestos shed removed. It has both asbestos roof and walls with an internal angle iron frame. Can anybody suggest a local company who can give me a quote for dismantling and disposal? Thanks
Kris
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Asbestos shed removal - 13th Jan 2017 11:07pm
hi chris
PMD you. You will probably need a licensed contractor to do the side panels..the roof ones aren't as bad if corrugated. My friend has done one in Irby a while back.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Asbestos shed removal - 14th Jan 2017 1:29am
If any of the asbestos is damaged or is showing signs of deteriorating you can try your house insurance - some play ball and some don't.

If it is dismantled, bagged and labelled then you can book a slot at Bidston tip where you can dump it for free.

Get loads of quotes, many firms try-it-on because of the "A" word.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Asbestos shed removal - 16th Jan 2017 1:09pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
If any of the asbestos is damaged or is showing signs of deteriorating you can try your house insurance - some play ball and some don't.

If it is dismantled, bagged and labelled then you can book a slot at Bidston tip where you can dump it for free.

Get loads of quotes, many firms try-it-on because of the "A" word.

That's is generally true if you know all the asbestos is cement bonded..if its the corrugated roof sheets than that's almost certainly ok. Its the side sheets I would be more cautious over especially if they are flat and not corrugated. Mersey waste will probably give you the ok on the side sheets without the need to have it officially identified.

As the homeowner you can tip for free but a contractor cant take it to the normal tip and that puts price up (if they are disposing of it legally). Technically if you just pay for someone to take it off you cannot then take it the tip yourself-- crazy rules. You just gotta not look too guilty when they ask did you take it down yourself. Its ok for the odd sheet doing it yourself but bit of a job with a whole garage. Its not the real dodgy stuff when they turn up with white suits respirators and clean rooms to shower. You just try and avoid snapping or drilling the sheets.. not that the world will end if you do. Normal dust masks I think as well.
Guess prices around £800. Anything over that especially in thousands and they are playing on the "A" fears as DD said
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Asbestos shed removal - 16th Jan 2017 8:56pm
Along similar lines I have a small (brick) shed maybe 6ft square that will need demolishing some time. The problem is the roof which is flat and made of 5" of concrete laid on top of corrugated asbestos sheets. Been there 60 years. I am far too old to even think of bashing up the concrete roof and taking it bit by bit to the tip - so contractor job and many of the issues mentioned in the previous posts

Snod
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Asbestos shed removal - 16th Jan 2017 9:56pm
sent you a pM snodvan
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Asbestos shed removal - 19th Jan 2017 6:45pm
Thank you Sir.
Noted and stored for future use
Snod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral