Forums
Posted By: locomotive Wirral Globe - 1st Dec 2016 6:25pm
Anybody know what's happening to the Wirral Globe, no deliveries in Upton, and I couldn't buy one in the precinct, they hadn't had any deliveries for 2 weeks.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wirral Globe - 1st Dec 2016 9:53pm
Probably naffed off all their deliverers with dropping off loads of leaflets. Ive not delivered for 4 weeks due to damaged shoulder but before that was getting really naffed off to come home and find extra 2500 leaflets to process. What you get paid for that is not worth the hassle staying up till 1am sorting them.
Even more of a turn off for the young deliverers who are on £3.50 an hour.
One thing taking pride in your work--another thing getting ripped off to do it.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wirral Globe - 2nd Dec 2016 12:04am
It's almost 100% ads anyway. I can't be arsed with reading it any more. I wouldn't be surprised if it has folded.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral Globe - 2nd Dec 2016 12:47am
Originally Posted by Excoriator
It's almost 100% ads anyway. I can't be arsed with reading it any more. I wouldn't be surprised if it has folded.
It is crap. So is the Wirral News.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wirral Globe - 2nd Dec 2016 9:45am
Agreed. You get more local news on BBC TV's 'Look North' than you get from these useless rags. Their idea of a 'scoop' is a cut price double glazing offer.
Posted By: venice Re: Wirral Globe - 2nd Dec 2016 12:03pm
Have a feeling we got one this week, tossed into the paper sack straight away probably. It is good though if you actually do want to look in the ads for something specific that could be picked up locally. Trouble with the online local buy and sell, is that so many ads go on, that after an hour or so , no-one would bother to scroll down that far to see earlier ones.
Posted By: locomotive Re: Wirral Globe - 2nd Dec 2016 3:28pm
I only read it for the "Hatches, Matches and Despatches" or "Births ,marriages and deaths"[i][/i] to the younger generation. THere's usually a bit of news in it, more than it's opposition anyway.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Wirral Globe - 2nd Dec 2016 5:04pm
The Wirral Globe is alive and kicking, had no Birkenhead News for two weeks.I only read it for Patrick Arundell.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wirral Globe - 2nd Dec 2016 11:02pm
The Globe is not dead. It just smells a bit funny!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral