Forums
Posted By: pacef8 Furniture restorer wanted - 17th Oct 2016 12:11pm
Hi i have a nice rosewood chest of draws that needs a bit of tlc to get it back to original condition.
Can anyone recommend someone on the wirral that can collect and restore.

Thanks
Pace
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Furniture restorer wanted - 17th Oct 2016 6:49pm
John at City Strippers/Victoria Antiques in Seacombe, he's restored loads of furniture for us, recommended.

K
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Furniture restorer wanted - 18th Oct 2016 4:41pm
we used a chap from west Kirby to French polish an old oak dining table and 4 chairs--but werent too impressed.
Posted By: granny Re: Furniture restorer wanted - 18th Oct 2016 8:54pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
we used a chap from west Kirby to French polish an old oak dining table and 4 chairs--but werent too impressed.

Wonder if that's the same one who used to be in Heswall ? He had a chair of mine to re-string (if that's the right word) and polish. Never heard anything for ages. Tried to phone a couple of times, no answer. Eventually went to his place which had closed ! Spoke to a couple of local people and they said he'd moved to West Kirby. Tracked him down and DID get my chair back. Cheeky monkey. He was getting on a bit, so maybe it's not the same chap.
Posted By: venice Re: Furniture restorer wanted - 18th Oct 2016 9:10pm
If in S. Wirral Pace, you could have a word with the guy who has a shop in Neston (sorry dont know name) , but he's situated beside the little roundabout on Burton Rd, (the road from Neston towards Ness Gardens) Its about 50 metres or so beyond Rightway . He works outside a lot of the time in front of his shop renovating old wooden furniture . Been doing it for years . He might be up for doing a job for you .
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Furniture restorer wanted - 21st Oct 2016 7:19pm
A google search reveals quite alot of strippers in seacombe . That must be why so many people que to get across the docks in the evening.

I will give the furniture place a call and hope it does not have a back room.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral