Forums
Posted By: casper Doors - 28th Aug 2016 6:55am
We have decided to replace all the interior doors in our house seven in total, however we are having trouble getting two smaller sizes 78x24 none of the DIY stores appear to stock them, anybody got any ideas who might stock them, have been on the net doorworld have them but they get the thumbs down from users.
Posted By: saltytom Re: Doors - 28th Aug 2016 8:24am
It depends on the style of door I would say Howdens in moreton have a good range and most sizes are available, if you are in Wallasey I can put a catalogue through your letterbox let me know 07889 133293
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Doors - 28th Aug 2016 8:25am
Go on eBay,lots on there, just put in size required.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Doors - 28th Aug 2016 8:25am
Depending on the style of door determines the difficulty, 24" & 28" always was a problem in some styles.

Try,
Howdens Joinery,

Kaybee Doors, Jamaica St, Liverpool.

Phone rather than rely on websites.
Posted By: casper Re: Doors - 28th Aug 2016 8:44am
Thanks guys, will give them a try.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Doors - 28th Aug 2016 3:08pm
whats nearest size you can get? if they have solid edges may be able to rip down to sizze

Posted By: jeremycorbon Re: Doors - 26th Sep 2016 4:19pm
hi,there is a type of door called "Wallasey door". i remember them from my furniture-stripping days,they had a panel at the top 1/3rd and 3 or 4 long thin panels below. they are nice looking doors. there was a door-store next to the Bluebell pub just by the old tunnel dock entrance.or you could try any pine-strippers that are still around. failing this you could knock-up flush doors(no joints needed) just butt the timbertogether and cover in ply-wood on both sides fixing it with white wood glue and use lost-head panel pins and put in the sandwich a block of wood where you want your handles, cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral