Forums
Posted By: gerry1 interference on radios/computers - 9th Jun 2016 10:40am
HI all
Has anyone got any equipment for detecting interference.

my computer freezes at about 9:30pm until 12:00pm every night, also the noise on the MW/LW/SW/SSB radios are blocked out to say the least.
Telephone is ok.
I am starting to give up on BT BECAUSE YOU CANT GET TO TALK TO AN ENGINEER, unless you know a direct line.
So are there any (X BT) Engineers out there willing to help an old age pensioner to diagnose the problem.thanks Gerry

Posted By: Near_Oval Re: interference on radios/computers - 9th Jun 2016 12:44pm
So the issue you portray appears to be RFI related, as yor radio reception and your PC both suffer at same point in time - is that a BT issue, or is it more likely to be an external source impacting your kit - pirate/unlicensed radio broadcasts/faulty sodium lights (like on a garage forecourt) faulty microwave transmissions/dirty contacts on thermostats - all and more can cause this type of issue, none of which are BT related?

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/compl...adio-interference-or-reception-problems/

Posted By: gerry1 Re: interference on radios/computers - 9th Jun 2016 3:13pm
Thanks Near_Oval.
been down that road.I have taken portables outside walked down street and its all over looks like high freqency coming from there overhead cables, my house has been isolated from power and this is all I get from BT, BT says its a Broadband Problem
Further diagnostic tests began at the time and date shown to find the problem with your broadband. Once we know more we will contact you using your contact details above and once we have fixed your problem you will see an update on this page. Thanks for your patience.
Reason I was looking for an engineer to verify some tests because it wrecked my computer a few weeks ago and I dont want it to do the same, plus I think they dont know it is there even when to router is disconnected.

pic No.1 is there test Picture No 2 is my test cheers gerry.

Attached picture BB-BTV-Retail-Services.png
Attached picture picture 7.JPG
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: interference on radios/computers - 9th Jun 2016 4:10pm
Are you using your computer on wifi or connected direct to router?
Posted By: gerry1 Re: interference on radios/computers - 9th Jun 2016 8:21pm
Hi,DiggingDeeper.

I am connected direct to the router, but if I try the laptop that is still dropping out.Sometimes the daughter uses the wifi but she is having trouble connecting.
When the fault is showing I can sometimes run a speed test and all I get is .05 Mbps, also my computer says that I am connected at Local Area Connection 2
Speed 100.0 Mbps.
I proberly will not be back on line in about 10 minits when the fault shows up.
Cheers Gerry
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: interference on radios/computers - 9th Jun 2016 9:17pm
PM'd you.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: interference on radios/computers - 9th Jun 2016 9:35pm
What about neighbours are they experiencing similar problems
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: interference on radios/computers - 10th Jun 2016 1:23pm
Don't know your scope set up but that looks like Amplitude Modulation. Somebody is using some kit around you that is interfering. There is a council department I'm sure which would look into this or at least put you in touch with the right people. If not, try Citizens Advice. If it is illegal transmissions something will be done about it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral