Forums
Posted By: granny Help..any mathematicians ? - 21st Mar 2016 4:05pm
Trying to sell mobile home.

Sale price to include site fees £16,705

Package reduced to £15,500 to include site fees.

Owners Offer to buy it off me.

£12,790.00 ( £15,500 less £2710) less our 15% commission of £1918.50 plus 20% vat of 383.70, a total of £2302.20. Deducted from the £12,790.00 this would make a balance payable to you of £10487.80.

I am willing to pay you the £10487.80 by way of £7777.80 for the caravan plus 100% refund of the site fees of £2710 just paid.

Now does that seem right ?

Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 21st Mar 2016 4:19pm
This wouldn't happen to be on a site in LLanarmon- yn- Lal would it Granny? Relatives of mine were similarly taken to the cleaners when they wanted to sell their caravan.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 21st Mar 2016 4:41pm
No, they have subtracted the site fees twice and added once. Putting it in a simpler form ...

Caravan sale price - £12790 (excludes site fees in this price)
MINUS 15% commission inc VAT @ 20% - £2302.20
PLUS refund of site fees £2710

End total £13197.80
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 21st Mar 2016 4:52pm
Thank you very much......but he won't have it. He cannot see that he has got it wrong and I can't persuade him otherwise. Grrrrrrr !
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 21st Mar 2016 4:54pm
To make it even clearer, treat the caravan and site fees as two totally separate sales.

Caravan selling at £12790, commission on sale £2302.20, balance owing is £10487.80.

Fees selling at £2710, balance owing £2710.

Sum of two balances for both sales £10487.80 + £2710 = £13197.80
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 21st Mar 2016 4:54pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
This wouldn't happen to be on a site in LLanarmon- yn- Lal would it Granny? Relatives of mine were similarly taken to the cleaners when they wanted to sell their caravan.

No Lud, but I think they all come out of the same tool box. Infuriating. Plus, he constantly says one thing and then changes it and denies. That is the trouble with phones. I have now told him to communicate by email. I think he's probably next say he won't sell it for me.
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 21st Mar 2016 4:56pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
To make it even clearer, treat the caravan and site fees as two totally separate sales.

Caravan selling at £12790, commission on sale £2302.20, balance owing is £10487.80.

I might send that to him, see what he comes back with.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 21st Mar 2016 5:00pm
For £2710 extra profit, I wouldn't be able to see it either wink

Selective blindness yes
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 21st Mar 2016 5:09pm
If you want to play him at his own game (noting that this is nonsense but equally hard to see the problem).

Caravan £15500 including site fees already paid
LESS £2790 commission inc VAT
PLUS £2710 refund for site fees that were already paid.

Total £15420

Noting the higher commission price and his higher VAT payment which still doesn't account for the large increase.
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 21st Mar 2016 5:20pm
Ha ! That would cause a stir, wouldn't it.

It would be even more acceptable if I hadn't paid my site fees. I ask for a month extension on the second of March . Told it would be ok. Next thing (10 days) he wants immediate payment or I'd be dragged off plot and dumped. So it was paid for the plot. Now he wants me off there anyway, and he's trying every 'which way' to do so. Only because another jerk is putting the pressure on him for the plot. At the same time trying to fiddle.

A grand warning to others who may fall into the trap.
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 21st Mar 2016 5:39pm
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

I might send that to him, see what he comes back with.

I have sent this through now. So let's wait and see what the response is.
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 22nd Mar 2016 12:08pm
This gets better: raftl

Says he didn't get my email of yesterday. What a surprise !

I did not say to him that the site fees should not have been deducted from the £15,500.

Even so, I still can't see his figures are correct.

Email received:

However, having checked my email to you, I realise that you are quite correct in pointing out on the phone that my figures were wrong and that the site fees should not have been deducted from the £15,500. My sincere apologies – this was a genuine error on my part and was not an attempt to ask you to pay site fees twice! Therefore the correct balance would be £12,710 having deducted £15% commission of £2325 plus 20% vat of £465.

My offer of £10,487-80 (caravan purchase plus 100 % refund of site fees) still stands and will do so for 7 days. Plus £1000 in cash (that's a bribe from someone and I don't do bribes) A total sum therefore of £11,487-80 is a really good offer .

Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 22nd Mar 2016 12:17pm
This gets better: raftl

Says he didn't get my email of yesterday. What a surprise !

I did not say to him that the site fees should not have been deducted from the £15,500.

Even so, I still can't see his figures are correct.

Email received:

However, having checked my email to you, I realise that you are quite correct in pointing out on the phone that my figures were wrong and that the site fees should not have been deducted from the £15,500. My sincere apologies – this was a genuine error on my part and was not an attempt to ask you to pay site fees twice! Therefore the correct balance would be £12,710 having deducted £15% commission of £2325 plus 20% vat of £465.

My offer of £10,487-80 (caravan purchase plus 100 % refund of site fees) still stands and will do so for 7 days. Plus £1000 in cash (that's a bribe from someone and I don't do bribes) A total sum therefore of £11,487-80 is a really good offer .

Sorry, the red bit was my words. Should have put it outside of the email.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 22nd Mar 2016 1:10pm
So he realises he got site fees wrong, he is now offering you even less for the caravan and claiming he's giving £1000 more.

He's a real verbal acrobat.

Soz, on phone so can't do the figures now.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 22nd Mar 2016 2:19pm
He knows how much it would cost to move the caravan so he has got you trapped. I believe figures of £5000 are not unheard of. In light of that it may pay you to accept his current offer.

I would point out that he accepted the 12 month site fees and so you have a 12 month contract. If he wants out of the contract it is him that has to pay you for compensation of early termination of contract.

He is abusing his position, basically by thwarting your attempt to sell the caravan privately and so leaving him as the only buyer and giving you a low offer. You will not be able to sell the caravan for this price if the new owner has to move it off site.

His bid still deducts the fees once and adds them once, which means he still not refunding you the fees that you have already paid, he is refunding the deduction in the bid.
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 22nd Mar 2016 3:26pm
He should go and spend his money on a course of Book keeping and Accounts.

Basically, he insisted I paid the ground rent. Then insisted I dropped the price and made a 'package' , now he's trying another 'deal'. This present day ability to force 'deals' or alternatively force people into corners, is a blight. If he pushes his luck much more, I shall take it off the 'for sale' and keep the bloody thing. Paid the ground rent, so he can't chuck me off, neither can he force me to move from the plot I have paid for.

Also, there have been numerous people viewing it and I wonder how many he has 'put off ' the sale, simply because this other person wants the plot ! I think that is quite feasible under the circumstance.
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 23rd Mar 2016 4:55pm
Well, we had the bribe, now we have the blackmail. This is so much a learning curve for many people with caravans.

Once this is sorted, if ever, I think Trading Standards might just be informed.

email ;
The offer holds to the 29 March after which it will be withdrawn.
To date we have marketed the caravan on your behalf although we have been under no obligation to do. This facility will be withdrawn from the 29 March and you will be required to comply with Section 6 (Selling the Caravan) of your Licence Agreement. This includes the requirement for you to market the caravan and find a buyer.

mad

Posted By: snowhite Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 23rd Mar 2016 6:34pm
Maybe try and hold on a little bit longer Granny.
The holiday season is just round the corner and your bound to get a buyer who will snatch it off you. This guy is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 23rd Mar 2016 7:51pm
Yes, you're right, and I don't want to make money on this, all I ask is for the correct figure that is due to me. (the original price which he suggested and signed, then said it was totally unrealistic, include the site fees so it changed again all in the space of 2 weeks and now 3 weeks on, says it's totally unrealistic AGAIN ! )

If I bend over backwards any further, I'll be doing a handstand. Wooooooo !!!!!
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 23rd Mar 2016 8:19pm
Have you considered having the caravan accidentally burn down and claiming on the insurance?

Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 23rd Mar 2016 8:40pm
Certainly considered that Lud, but also considering a course in witchcraft. Could be more beneficial, i.e. ongoing !
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 25th Mar 2016 12:21am
Thinking about caravans reminds me of a site I was staying on many moons ago,the site was suffering from a spate of burglaries and luckily the site owner and his three sons happened to catch the reprobate red handed, now these boys were all built like Clint Walker ( older members will remember him as Cheyenne Bodie) rather than inform the local Constabulary they chose to dispense their own brand of justice, the burglar did not return. Happy days.
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 26th Mar 2016 12:41am
The 'good old days ' hey Lud ?

Were you a Clint look-a-like ?

You'll be pleased to hear that all is well yipee They couldn't grind the old girl down. It was a fair and better offer than the original. I knew how desperate they were and played them at their own game.

Slowly ,slowly, catchee monkey.

Thanks for the support and advise.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 26th Mar 2016 9:03am
Granny, I could still pass for Clint Walker's twin brother....... To a blind man on a galloping horse on a foggy night. Actually he did have a twin, a girl named Lucy, I probably look more like her. Clint himself is still going strong aged 88.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 26th Mar 2016 9:58am
Maybe you more of a Lee Marvin;Ludi.
Paint your wagon.
[youtube]v=NTymtAbaG08[/youtube]

Congrats on the caravan Granny xx
Your a tough woman laugh

Posted By: cools Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 26th Mar 2016 10:00am
Glad you got it sorted Granny.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 26th Mar 2016 10:24am
Originally Posted by snowhite
Maybe you more of a Lee Marvin;Ludi.
Paint your wagon.
[youtube]v=NTymtAbaG08[/youtube]

Congrats on the caravan Granny xx
Your a tough woman laugh

With the right lighting I could see a resemblance Snowy.
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 26th Mar 2016 10:37am
Thanks folks, it has taken it's toll this week, though.

Went to a meeting on Thursday which should have been Wednesday, Went out in odd shoes on Wednesday night, went to Church yesterday for 'an hour at the Cross' an hour late! and have sent more than one Easter card to various people.

Does that tell you something ?

Clint , 88 yrs ? My goodness. He was obviously your pin-up, Lud.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 26th Mar 2016 10:46am
Thanks folks, it has taken it's toll this week, though.

Went to a meeting on Thursday which should have been Wednesday, Went out in odd shoes on Wednesday night, went to Church yesterday for 'an hour at the Cross' an hour late! and have sent more than one Easter card to various people.

Does that tell you something ?

Clint , 88 yrs ? My goodness. He was obviously your pin-up, Lud.
You have been busy Granny.
Ive done the odd sock but not the odd shoe lol.
Don t let Ludi ego get any bigger, he has had enough compliments for today flex laugh.
Happy Easter to Granny,Ludi and Cools.
Posted By: cools Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 26th Mar 2016 11:37am
You too Snowy, and everyone else...
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 26th Mar 2016 2:35pm
Thanks, Cools and Snowy ,

A Happy Easter to you all.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 26th Mar 2016 2:51pm
Good for you, Granny. thumbsup

Oh, if you need someone to look after that £1000 cash...
Posted By: granny Re: Help..any mathematicians ? - 26th Mar 2016 6:28pm
Thanks Chris. It's ok , no need to worry smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral