Forums
I have the following request, anyone any ideas?

"Do you have the name of a building on or near Tollemache Rd close to St James hospital which was used as a Community Hall in the 50s and 60s (and maybe earlier). It was made of metal and had a corrugated tin roof I think"
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Name? - Tollemache Road Community Hall 1950's - 8th Feb 2016 3:15am
Perrin Hall. Try that DD. I went to play school.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Name? - Tollemache Road Community Hall 1950's - 8th Feb 2016 5:13am
Originally Posted by lollipop
Perrin Hall. Try that DD. I went to play school.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...36/perrin-hall-birkenhead-north-end.html
Posted By: bert1 Re: Name? - Tollemache Road Community Hall 1950's - 8th Feb 2016 6:50am
Newspaper information, 1945,

Where to get your Ration Book.

Attached picture perrin 1945.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Name? - Tollemache Road Community Hall 1950's - 8th Feb 2016 7:35am
Just seen your link Bert. Yes it has been well discussed on here before. Never had a ration book myself lol, but was at play school there in 1970/71. Still feel old saying that even.
Posted By: venice Re: Name? - Tollemache Road Community Hall 1950's - 8th Feb 2016 11:29am
Good lord lolliop, youre still a young girl then !!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Name? - Tollemache Road Community Hall 1950's - 8th Feb 2016 12:59pm
Originally Posted by venice
Good lord lolliop, youre still a young girl then !!!!!!

Yeah!! Iam a yummy mammy!! Lol
Wow, thanks guys, I had no recall of this at all and without knowing location I'd have spent hours pratting around.

Brilliant thumbsup
Posted By: jimmy3 Re: Name? - Tollemache Road Community Hall 1950's - 14th Feb 2016 12:50pm
In Perrin Hall, a cooked meal was provided for 1/-(5p)during the early 1940's. A special free bus was provided to take Victory Kidder employees to Perrin Hall form Laird St Depot at 12pm and return in time to complete their shift. It was also used in the evening as a dance hall.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral