Forums
Posted By: colin86 Charles Thompson mini bus fundraiser - 4th Feb 2016 3:32pm
First off apologies if not aloud or in the wrong place. I have today set up a fundraising page for a local homeless charity in Birkenhead trying to help raise money for a mini bus, if people could share it, make a small donation I'd be massively grateful... It's a massive problem in our country and only volunteers and organisations like this seem interesting in helping our own homeless. Many thanks guys and girls gofundme.com/zqn2utng
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Charles Thompson mini bus fundraiser - 4th Feb 2016 4:10pm
Shared.
Posted By: colin86 Re: Charles Thompson mini bus fundraiser - 4th Feb 2016 4:11pm
Many thanks pal
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Charles Thompson mini bus fundraiser - 4th Feb 2016 10:05pm
Hi colin 86 what does the mission want a mini bus for.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Charles Thompson mini bus fundraiser - 4th Feb 2016 10:10pm
The website mentions they take people for days out, and children to Barnstondale, so I imagine having their own transport would enable them to give a change of scene to people who might not otherwise be able to have one.
Posted By: colin86 Re: Charles Thompson mini bus fundraiser - 4th Feb 2016 10:29pm
In one greenwood, and to also move large bundles from their sites etc
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Charles Thompson mini bus fundraiser - 4th Feb 2016 10:32pm
Was only querying because I didn't know Bernie at the mission was after a new mini bus. Was only talking with him last week. That's not to say its a good idea as they do a fantastic work there. Just that I would like to think money raised went towards what Bernie felt would be most appropriate. They do shift a lot of furniture to help people in need but a mini bus may not be the best vehicle.
Certainly a very good cause to support Colin and bless you --- hope it reaches target for whatevers best.
Posted By: colin86 Re: Charles Thompson mini bus fundraiser - 4th Feb 2016 10:40pm
I just felt I could help out and the gent I spoke to in work mentioned the mini bus, to be absolutely honest they can use whatever I raise on what they feel is best as I know it's going to a top organisation doing amazing things.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Charles Thompson mini bus fundraiser - 5th Feb 2016 2:41pm
Hi Colin, believe I was on the phone to Bernie just before you popped in to see him today. A better mini bus is definitely on the Christmas list especially ones where the rear seats come out easily. Suppose id better cough up now !! Nice one
Posted By: colin86 Re: Charles Thompson mini bus fundraiser - 5th Feb 2016 5:30pm
I believe you was and their brilliant people and the work they do doesn't get the credit it deserves. Iv now for local media involved and here's to hoping I can achieve my target for the great guys at the mission
© Wirral-Wikiwirral