Forums
Posted By: futurepast waste transfer station - 31st Jan 2016 4:08pm
Can any one shed a bit of light on how much a standard permit for a waste transfer station is please, Ive been on the gov web site but can't seem to find a rough cost, thanks in advance.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: waste transfer station - 31st Jan 2016 5:46pm
PDF's at the bottom of THIS page
Posted By: futurepast Re: waste transfer station - 31st Jan 2016 6:05pm
What I was after is the environmental agency's price to gain a license to open a waste transfer station(asbestos transfer station) the license I need is the standard one, I'm trying to work out the cost to apply for the right licenses,the area of my site is away from protected sites and sites of specific interest, the waste carriers license is straight forward and is £154.00 for 3 years its the waste transfer license cost I'm after, sorry to be a pain thanks in advance.
PS has anybody got experience in filling these forms in?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: waste transfer station - 31st Jan 2016 8:02pm
Would also think planning laws will come into it. you would need to contact Wirral council planning. You say your site is not SSI and out the way but the Environment Agency will also consider the proximity of water courses as pollution can seep through the ground.

Good luck it can be nightmare dealing with the EA. Had dealings just trying to get permission to put fish into a pond on farmland.

Is there a National Asbestos body that can advise?
Posted By: futurepast Re: waste transfer station - 31st Jan 2016 9:57pm
Thanks all, I've managed to find some more info on costs,

SR2008 No9 license application £1,630
transfer £980
surrender £3,590
subsistence £3,420
Not sure which of these I have to pay up front,does anyone work for the environmental agency,

© Wirral-Wikiwirral