Forums
Posted By: TudorBlue Washing Machine Repair - 26th Dec 2015 12:22pm
Hi. Need a washing machine repair man. Our washing machine decided to flood our Kitchen this morning. The water has what looks like soap powder in it so it's not coming from the inlet mains pipe. Can anyone recommend me anyone who's reliable and reasonable. Thanks in advance guys, much appreciated
Posted By: Mark Re: Washing Machine Repair - 26th Dec 2015 2:49pm
I dont have anyone to recommend, but the outlet could be blocked, if your using powered in a cold fill machine its doses dissolve and eventually causes a blockage.

List your make and model and we may be able to find you some online advice, and save you a few quid if a few simple checks work.
Posted By: palemoon Re: Washing Machine Repair - 26th Dec 2015 4:58pm
Originally Posted by TudorBlue
Hi. Need a washing machine repair man. Our washing machine decided to flood our Kitchen this morning. The water has what looks like soap powder in it so it's not coming from the inlet mains pipe. Can anyone recommend me anyone who's reliable and reasonable. Thanks in advance guys, much appreciated

I can recommend Washtec (Paul). Very reliable, very reasonable rates, lives in Wallasey.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Washing Machine Repair - 26th Dec 2015 5:48pm
Originally Posted by palemoon
I can recommend Washtec (Paul). Very reliable, very reasonable rates, lives in Wallasey.

http://www.washingmachinerepairswirral.com/
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Washing Machine Repair - 27th Dec 2015 11:25am
Went to look at one of my customers washing machine. Asked when was the last time they had cleaned the filter....she said what filter..not been checked in 7 years.! Some cocktail sticks had jammed the filter in and also jammed the pump so had to drag it out flip it on its side and unclip the bottom rubber hoses. Hoped to find a load of coins init as well but only a rupee .. Your machine flooding could suggest a similar thing .
Posted By: TudorBlue Re: Washing Machine Repair - 27th Dec 2015 7:55pm
Its floods as soon as its switch on and starts to fill up. I pulled it out today and looked underneath and couldnt see anythung obvious. The filter is clear btw
Posted By: snowhite Re: Washing Machine Repair - 27th Dec 2015 8:01pm
Could be something to do with your outlet pipe which is causing your machine to flood.
Posted By: Mark Re: Washing Machine Repair - 27th Dec 2015 9:29pm
Check the Door Seals.
If its flooding as it fills.

Or take the lid off,
And see if the inlet pipe has come loose. Normally the lid is a couple of screws and it just pops off.

An engineer will do similar checks.

Once you work out whats wrong we can point you to a fix.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Washing Machine Repair - 27th Dec 2015 10:45pm
Originally Posted by Mark

Or take the lid off,
And see if the inlet pipe has come loose.

Yes, it's probably the pipe from the inlet valve to the soap tray, either come off or split. Should be an easy fix.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Washing Machine Repair - 27th Dec 2015 10:54pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

Or take the lid off,

Yes, it's probably the pipe from the inlet valve to the soap tray, either come off or split. Should be an easy fix.

I was going to suggest this,Seems like an easy fix.

[youtube]1FFe72ZnCWs[/youtube]
Hope it works for you Tudor.

Posted By: starakita Re: Washing Machine Repair - 27th Dec 2015 11:05pm
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
Originally Posted by chriskay

Or take the lid off,

I was going to suggest this,Seems like an easy fix.Those Indesit drawers a a bit of a struggle to pull out,I used to do mine every now & again unfortunately after 3 years heavy use the flipping bearings went right on Christmas time

[youtube]1FFe72ZnCWs[/youtube]
Hope it works for you Tudor.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Washing Machine Repair - 28th Dec 2015 3:08pm
As there is soap in the water it won't be the inlet hose.

If it only leaks while drum is filling its probably the soap pipe (goes between soap box and drum), very common fault because there is a lot of movement on that pipe.

If it leaks during the wash its probably the drum/door seal.

If it carries on leaking after a wash then its probably one of the pump hoses, however recently I came across a pressure pipe (goes up to water level sensor) damaged from rubbing.

Too much detergent can also create leaks from excessive foaming, while cheap detergents need a big dose, good quality brand name detergents need surprisingly little.

Depends on the machine how much the parts are (from amazingly cheap to the ridiculous) and some machines have awkward access. Check the price before sanctioning the work, while it seems unnecessary waste, replacement sometimes makes more financial sense.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral