Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Traffic Chaos Liverpool Waterfront - 4th Dec 2015 9:18pm
Just taken me over an hour in traffic to get from new Liverpool tunnel exit along waterfront to Baltic triangle.at 7pm. Nothing on travel news. Is it just the xmas rush beginning. Any ideas?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Traffic Chaos Liverpool Waterfront - 4th Dec 2015 9:27pm
sorry--just found this.one to avoid for next few weeks maybe.

A combination of late night Christmas shopping, a comedy gig at ECHO Arena and the arrival of the Coca-Cola ‘Holidays Are Coming’ Christmas truck, at Williamson Square , have caused an influx of city centre visitors.

Liverpool ONE and other city centre shops are open until 9pm tonight - attracting Christmas shoppers to the city, which caused similar delays last week.

Some drivers say they have been sat in queues for up to an hour, as they tried to access the city centre.
Posted By: granny Re: Traffic Chaos Liverpool Waterfront - 5th Dec 2015 12:41am
It was the same last Friday. It took son two and a half hours to get to Crosby and back.(he could have got to London nearly in that time) Put it down to Black Friday, but maybe it was more than that. What a pain in the ostrich !
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Traffic Chaos Liverpool Waterfront - 6th Dec 2015 1:36pm
You are not 'stuck in traffic'. You ARE traffic!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Traffic Chaos Liverpool Waterfront - 6th Dec 2015 4:05pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
You are not 'stuck in traffic'. You ARE traffic!
Very astute thumbsup
Posted By: DavidB Re: Traffic Chaos Liverpool Waterfront - 8th Dec 2015 4:21pm
I find Liverpool is rammed from 4.30 to 7.30. I've never had a clean sweep through it, I work in Baltic Triangle and before 6pm I got through Hanover Street, after 6 I go along the Strand.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Traffic Chaos Liverpool Waterfront - 10th Dec 2015 9:13pm
I work in south Liverpool and I hate the communte! I find though it's worse on a Monday and gets gradually better through the week. The only problems are if there is an evening game or a gig at the echo as previously mentioned.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral