Forums
Posted By: madrob Flueless gas fire fitter - 25th Oct 2015 4:37pm
Anyone no someone who can fit a flueless gas fire
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Flueless gas fire fitter - 25th Oct 2015 4:51pm
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...-by-stephen-foster-dodie.html#Post617161
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Flueless gas fire fitter - 25th Oct 2015 10:41pm
Make sure you have adequate ventilation and a carbon monoxide detector that works.

I wouldn't have one in the house, but perhaps I'm overcautious. Please make sure its someone competent that will fit adequate ventilation with it. Don't be tempted to block this even if it causes draughts, and make sure its all properly checked at regular intervals, say once a year.

An open gas flame is fine if everything works, but it can kill you if something causes it not to burn properly.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Flueless gas fire fitter - 25th Oct 2015 11:31pm
It is compulsory to have a 100cm2 ventilator for the room (which means its physical size is greater than 100cm2.

Flueless gas fires do not have a temperature control, they are either on or off.

Between the two things above its not really worth having one, electric probably works out cheaper once you take out the heat lost through the ventilator and the lack of control.

If a ventilator is put in, it must be lined so that it doesn't expose the cavity in the wall - we had a cowboy not do this properly and it went from a naturally warm house to one that was difficult to heat.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Flueless gas fire fitter - 26th Oct 2015 10:30pm
100cm2 is a hole the size of a half a house brick. That could mean a very nasty draught indeed.

Why not get a balanced flue ones which won't need a ventilator, but it will have to go onto an outside wall. These are much safer.
Posted By: dodie Re: Flueless gas fire fitter - 28th Oct 2015 1:03pm
Hi see my husbands ad on here superior heating gassafe reg tel 07984051336
© Wirral-Wikiwirral