Forums
Posted By: Maxandlucy Fitted fridge freezer not working - 27th Jun 2015 9:19am
Our fridge freezer is not working,can it be repaired,think the coolent leaked,is it cheaper to buy a used one or get it repaired?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Fitted fridge freezer not working - 27th Jun 2015 11:03am
If the motor is running virtually all the time and its not cold at all then its a coolant leak and probably not worth repairing.

If the motor runs but its not getting as cold as it should it might just need a coolant recharge but that's not very cheap these days.

If the motor never runs then its often just the thermostat and can be economical to repair if the rest of the fridge/freezer warrants it (if the door seals are dying then its probably not).

Normally I'd just get a replacement second hand one from Wirral Clearance or similar.

Posted By: Maxandlucy Re: Fitted fridge freezer not working - 27th Jun 2015 2:04pm
Nothing is happening in either fridge or freezer,lights are on,there is a wire that goes into a plastic circle of about an inch and a half across but it's snapped,it's on the back of the Fridge on the inside.There was a big block of ice surrounding it,I smashed the ice,the wire snapped and that's when it stopped running.
Posted By: Mark Re: Fitted fridge freezer not working - 27th Jun 2015 8:13pm
Sounds like you have snapped of the Thermostat.
So the fridge has no idea to go hotter or colder.

Repairing a thermostat as its only a wire sounds easy enough but i bet its part of a sealed unit.
Posted By: Finney Re: Fitted fridge freezer not working - 2nd Jul 2015 11:37am
Deffo sounds like you have snapped the thermostat sensor, give grange electric in Oxton road birkenhead a call they may be able to sort it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral