Forums
Posted By: venice Tidysite building and construction services. - 25th Jun 2015 11:21am
Tidysite. Trust pilot turned up no mention of this company , so has anyone heard anything about them please? They have a full page ad in the Thomsons local, and a website www.tidysite.uk.com Seem to be linking themselves to www.christianbusinessdirect.co.uk. Their own website gives 3 5* recommendations, but they would, wouldnt they.
Im looking for a building firm who is qualified , wont rip me off, and doesnt have months waiting list to start. Wondered if these could fit the bill . Probably wrongly,I'd like to think the sign of the fish on the ad, gives me a bit of confidence I may get a fair deal, but it would be nice to hear if anyone else has even heard of them one way or another. Based in John Laird Centre . I do need a proper firm , not just a brickie , as job involves removing up and over door, taking down one partly collapsed outbuilding wall to half way and building back up , reattaching the existing roof on it then replacing up and over door. Any other suggestions of tried and tested reliable, non arm and leg off building firms welcomed as well as info on Tidysite. Many thanks Wikipeeps.
Posted By: venice Re: Tidysite building and construction services. - 25th Jun 2015 11:30am
Huh, what an auspicious start, the wwwchrisianbusiness website doesnt see to exist , and a phone call to Tidysite produces a girls voice telling me no-one is available to take my call, but its important please leave mynumber. Doesnt sound like the size of firm its trying to portray . Suppose receptionis may be on lunch , Ill see how long it takes to get a reply.
I can't vouch for Graham's (tidysite) work but I have met him a couple of times, he came over as professional and trusting in circumstances when other people would be spitting teeth and banging heads.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Tidysite building and construction services. - 25th Jun 2015 11:38am
Hi Venice, I know the owner of tidy site as he has been buying vans from us for the past 7 years. He bought another van from us just last week.
I can confirm he is not a cowboy builder, he is an extremely pleasant chap and very religious hence the fish sign and link to Christianity.
He is local being from the wirral, I'd call back and have a chat with him, he only does the best for his customers and will bring a pleasant experience.
Good luck. happy
Posted By: lansyp Re: Tidysite building and construction services. - 25th Jun 2015 1:35pm
Graham is a very nice man I have to admit I haven't seen his work but he has a n account with us and is always polite even when you leave him hanging for supplies he needs
Posted By: venice Re: Tidysite building and construction services. - 25th Jun 2015 2:21pm
Oh, thats all more promising , thanks guys. Havent heard anything back yet. Maybe hes more of a one man band .Wonder if he's replacing just the one van over the years, or if there are a couple or more for the business. Going to try 'One stop improvements as well if anyone has any comments about those. www.onestopimprovements.co.uk
Posted By: rossie Re: Tidysite building and construction services. - 25th Jun 2015 2:48pm
Venice I would like to pm you but you are over limit.
Posted By: venice Re: Tidysite building and construction services. - 25th Jun 2015 3:13pm
Cleared.
they have been around for quite a number of years-started out quite small..
Get yourself a couple of quotes. Was talking with a builder I do some gardening for and he was not too busy --which sometimes means you get a good price. will pm you his mobile. Does big and small jobs
Posted By: rossie Re: Tidysite building and construction services. - 25th Jun 2015 7:16pm
Still showing over limit. I just wanted to share a friend's experience. Not with regard to Tidysite.
Posted By: venice Re: Tidysite building and construction services. - 25th Jun 2015 7:51pm
Sorry Rossi, please try again. I had a few other pm's after Id cleared down Have cleared two more now. Thanks.
Posted By: venice Re: Tidysite building and construction services. - 25th Jun 2015 7:54pm
How frustrating, neither Tidysite or Onestop rang back. No wonder it takes so long to try and organize getting things done these days.Totally hacked off.
Posted By: venice Re: Tidysite building and construction services. - 26th Jun 2015 2:28pm
Ah, thats better , Tidysite coming to do a quote next week. It would seem the problem was down to a wrong phone number .
I had trouble getting them to come and do some jobs for me. After a few weeks of waiting and having to contact them when they failed to show up, they finally came. Wasn't impressed at all as the job was done very poorly and they didn't do all that I'd asked them to do. Price charged was dear for the job they did do. I just thought I'd share my experience. Won't be using them again. I had thought a Christian business would have been a better choice but my experience tells me otherwise, sadly. Other builders I had used in the past I thought were not the best, but after using tidysite I now realise they were good.
Posted By: venice Re: Tidysite building and construction services. - 19th Jul 2015 9:47pm
Thanks geprgie. I found that Tidysite have a number of groups of builders working for them. I presume that some are better than others at different jobs, so experience will vary I guess.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral