Forums
Posted By: granny HSBC Bank - 5th Jun 2015 8:08am
Attempting to log onto personal bank account this morning, and the message keeps telling me to update by entering a new password.
I find this unusual and having phoned the bank, they are not answering calls as they said volume was very high, simply directing callers to the online banking service !

Sounds very strange, so I will not do either, until I know more. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Just a word of warning really, because I cannot see why with a secure key card, we would need to update a password.
Posted By: casper Re: HSBC Bank - 5th Jun 2015 8:22am
Unless you really need access urgently, its best to be cautious and do as you are doing, if they are busy it is probably genuine with people wanting to check on the validity, but best to be safe than sorry.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: HSBC Bank - 5th Jun 2015 10:29am
HSBC never ask for log in details in an email and will never link from an email. It is phishing, I get them and I haven't got a HSBC account.
Posted By: bert1 Re: HSBC Bank - 5th Jun 2015 10:35am
You should have received this message in your internet banking account messages from HSBC. Not in your private Email.

Attached picture hsbc.JPG
Posted By: granny Re: HSBC Bank - 5th Jun 2015 11:49am
I have not had a email from them. So far as the message you are talking about Bert, I've not had one of those either.
It would seem they are taking us back to what we had before our 'secure pin cards'.
Who sits and gets paid for all these rehashed ideas ?

Have since tried again, but getting the same response. Not in any rush , so will try to phone them again later, just to make sure. Don't always have the greatest of faith in myself.

Thanks for advice.
Posted By: granny Re: HSBC Bank - 5th Jun 2015 5:14pm
All done.

It's another way of accessing account just in case we lose or forget our secure key. Why not get rid of the secure key altogether ?

© Wirral-Wikiwirral