Forums
Posted By: Smiler_ Some one to chase wires in wall - 17th Mar 2015 12:04pm
I need some one who can chase wires in wall see pics i want them burying the route of yellow marker and want them plastering over, I will be taking the coat rack down for wires to go behind so will need wall filling in behind the wood.

Failing that as the plaster is blown in places and might all fall down, then knock plaster off tack wires to wall and put new plaster board on wall and re plaster.

If you think you can do it please pm me to arrange to come and take a look, and discuss best option and give me price.

I don't want a cowboy doing it, who takes money and runs or keeps upping the price.

The blank socket plate on wood is just there to hold wires to stop them falling down

Attached picture 20150317_114014.jpg
Attached picture 20150317_114022.jpg
Posted By: Blueskier Re: Some one to chase wires in wall - 17th Mar 2015 9:00pm
This looks like a cloak room, or similar. Nowhere that is important for a perfect finish.
Why not just fit some plastic trunking on that run?
Easier to add to later if needs be also.
Much less expense, mess and hopefully you could manage that yourself.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Some one to chase wires in wall - 17th Mar 2015 9:08pm
Further to Blueskiers idea, you could screw batons to the wall and fit plasterboard to that yourself meaning you would only need to pay out to skim the wall if you wanted such a finish. Or even fit upvc cladding a piece at a time which is relatively easy.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Some one to chase wires in wall - 17th Mar 2015 9:44pm
Just looking at the mains Board it looks like that wall is stud wall rather than brick. In which case you would only have about 20mm of plasterbrd and skim which may not be deep enough to bury cables and any patching would be difficult as it would be hollow behind.
Whichever way its still going to look a bit ropey around the fuse board

Think a lot of us amature DIYers would have ago ourselves if it was in our own home. Not knowing what Peter wants to use room for I would just go for plastic surface trunking or a couple of battens either side of wiring and bit of ply or hardboard casing over but that needs painting!!!! With this no nails stuff makes a lot of small diy jobs quicker than getting drills plugs and screws
Posted By: Smiler_ Re: Some one to chase wires in wall - 17th Mar 2015 10:07pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Just looking at the mains Board it looks like that wall is stud wall rather than brick. In which case you would only have about 20mm of plasterbrd and skim which may not be deep enough to bury cables and any patching would be difficult as it would be hollow behind.
Whichever way its still going to look a bit ropey around the fuse board

Think a lot of us amature DIYers would have ago ourselves if it was in our own home. Not knowing what Peter wants to use room for I would just go for plastic surface trunking or a couple of battens either side of wiring and bit of ply or hardboard casing over but that needs painting!!!! With this no nails stuff makes a lot of small diy jobs quicker than getting drills plugs and screws
No it's not plaster board, its a brick wall, the whole in wall where fuse board is is a metal box, so would need some metal cutting out.
Posted By: Smiler_ Re: Some one to chase wires in wall - 17th Mar 2015 10:08pm
Originally Posted by Blueskier
This looks like a cloak room, or similar. Nowhere that is important for a perfect finish.
Why not just fit some plastic trunking on that run?
Easier to add to later if needs be also.
Much less expense, mess and hopefully you could manage that yourself.
It's the main hall where front door is, so I want a good finish.
Posted By: Smiler_ Re: Some one to chase wires in wall - 17th Mar 2015 10:18pm
Originally Posted by GeeMeister
Further to Blueskiers idea, you could screw batons to the wall and fit plasterboard to that yourself meaning you would only need to pay out to skim the wall if you wanted such a finish. Or even fit upvc cladding a piece at a time which is relatively easy.
I never thought of that, good idea, pvc cladding I don't like, but screwing battens to the wall, and then boarding, with a new piece of skirting board is a brilliant idea, that would solve problem of
[Linked Image]
trying to find way to fill in big hole (see pic).

The only issue I could see is getting the door back on to cover fuse board as brackets just about fit, so would stick out more with plaster board and battens.
I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Thank you for that idea, that's the one I am going for.

Just need to find plasterer afetrwards.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral