Forums
Posted By: venice Where is this butcher please? - 10th Feb 2015 4:13pm
Edge Butchers 61 New Chester Rd New Ferry . Have tried 'driving' along here on Google Earth, but havent spotted it. Please can someone give me a landmark/clue as to where abouts on that road it is please and best place to park near it. Hoping its free range prices are a bit cheaper than its outlet at Church Farm Thurstaston.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Where is this butcher please? - 10th Feb 2015 4:27pm
if you are heading rock ferry way its on right hand side before lights opposite coop area used to be known as the toll bar.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Where is this butcher please? - 10th Feb 2015 4:34pm
Hi venice,you must of been driving to fast,as sunnyside says its opposite the Coop just before the precinct
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: venice Re: Where is this butcher please? - 10th Feb 2015 4:40pm
Thanks Sunny, thanks vanman . That makes it easy peasy. I was only doing 70ish, you'd have thought I'd have noticed it wouldn't you.
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Where is this butcher please? - 10th Feb 2015 7:32pm
Cant recommend these highly enough.

worth a visit.

K
Posted By: katiechops Re: Where is this butcher please? - 10th Feb 2015 7:54pm
They really are first class, real butchers .
Posted By: russell66 Re: Where is this butcher please? - 10th Feb 2015 9:41pm
if you turn left at SHILLINGS bar (pedestrianised) theres another butcher at the top of the parade that sells the BEST pies you can buy....
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Where is this butcher please? - 11th Feb 2015 9:44pm
Originally Posted by russell66
if you turn left at SHILLINGS bar (pedestrianised) theres another butcher at the top of the parade that sells the BEST pies you can buy....

Glad to see you can still enjoy a good pie despite those toe rags nicking your gear.

Small butchers at top of Town Lane Bebington do some cracking meat pies--- that good even a vegetarian might take the day off
Posted By: venice Re: Where is this butcher please? - 11th Feb 2015 10:31pm
Thanks all. OH wants free range shin beef to stick in his slow cooker. He is sick of supermarket tough stuff , so is looking forward to it .
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Where is this butcher please? - 13th Feb 2015 11:36am
Originally Posted by russell66

That would be Pearson's. They are at their best when they are fresh and still warm from the oven.
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Where is this butcher please? - 13th Feb 2015 4:39pm
The Wife brought half a dozen home 9.30 this morning, still warm. Unfortunately, only 2 left, I'll have to reciprocate tomorrow. I think I'm addicted to them.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Where is this butcher please? - 13th Feb 2015 6:00pm
Any chance of a visual for Pearsons?
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Where is this butcher please? - 13th Feb 2015 6:35pm
Originally Posted by Moonstar
Any chance of a visual for Pearsons?

[Linked Image]

Griffiths at the other end,Both do the best pies ever..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Where is this butcher please? - 13th Feb 2015 9:37pm
Oh I remember now. Used to walk along there with the pram - so many moons ago - and bought baby stuff (clothes, blankets, etc) from Okells. The first local KwikSave was in New Ferry and I used to walk from by Fairs Cameras to that Kwiks with the big pram, fill it up, and walk back. Couldn't do it now if I tried!
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Where is this butcher please? - 14th Feb 2015 11:49am
Hi Vanmanone, I agree with you about Griffith's pies, their pasties are wonderful too. I'm glad to see it's still open, there were rumours it was closing last year.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Where is this butcher please? - 14th Feb 2015 12:02pm
this butcher is second to none, and has stood the test of time. New ferry

Attached picture page_3.jpg
Posted By: Christo Re: Where is this butcher please? - 17th Feb 2015 9:06pm
Excellent pick, Sunnyside.

Remember my Mum telling me about the time she was going home from Grove Street School and all the cows had escaped from Edges' abbatoir at the back - cows were all over the Toll Bar!

I would have been terrified!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral