Forums
Posted By: OhYeah Where to ride a motorcross bike - 9th Feb 2015 8:44pm
Hi peeps

Is there anywhere local to ride a crosser safely on or around the Wirral, looking at getting back into it but not sure where you can go without any issues?

Cheers
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Where to ride a motorcross bike - 9th Feb 2015 9:57pm
I doubt there is anywhere--- Public that is .
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Where to ride a motorcross bike - 10th Feb 2015 9:23am
There is a big open track where all the motocross bikes go in Bromborough just behind the Old Candy factory used to be kelvinators its just off Old Hall Rd, still vacant I believe, have a drive down there have a look, I've marked the entrance were they get in,have fun.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: venice Re: Where to ride a motorcross bike - 10th Feb 2015 3:52pm
I suppose you could have a look at Ordnance Survey maps of Wirral and check out the key for 'green lanes' . Apparently it used to be legal to ride 'suitable vehicles'on them which include off road bikes , on them . Dont know whether any survive in Wirral now though.
Posted By: OhYeah Re: Where to ride a motorcross bike - 10th Feb 2015 7:08pm
Thanks for the reply's folks much appreciated smile
Posted By: nissangti Re: Where to ride a motorcross bike - 17th Feb 2015 5:42am
The wirral has always been short of things like this, closest we had was them ghastly karts in new Brighton. I suppose it would help in keeping the steets / roads clean off any unwanted pain in the backside noobs who whizz past 3s up on there bike..
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Where to ride a motorcross bike - 17th Feb 2015 6:51am
Trail riders fellowship (trf) and www.glass-uk.org/index.php/home are a good start point for routes advice etc.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral