Forums
Posted By: gerry1 Wirral Globe - 27th Dec 2014 2:50pm
Why does this paper not get delivered to Eastham
(MILLPARK ESTATE) as we have not received one for 6 months

So why do people advertise in this paper.
Plus the fact I have missed several friends funerals.

I bet you we soon get one when the Election comes to town.
Geggsy.
Posted By: cools Re: Wirral Globe - 27th Dec 2014 3:47pm
We too do not get wirral globe, lots of places don,t. I tend to get it up online now, everything's there including death notices.
Posted By: valli Re: Wirral Globe - 27th Dec 2014 4:26pm
Some CO OP Stores have them we get our's from there, and The Wirral news too, still free.Check your local Co op.
Posted By: granny Re: Wirral Globe - 27th Dec 2014 7:30pm
I think it may depend on whether or not anyone in your local community area is willing to do delivery for little pay.....It would seem not !
Posted By: ianyam Re: Wirral Globe - 27th Dec 2014 7:51pm
I phoned the Wirral Globe about 4 yrs ago to tell them that ours hadn't been delivered and they said that my Road and many others would not be delivered to again due to cut backs.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wirral Globe - 28th Dec 2014 1:03am
I get 900 delivered every Tuesday night! Its a balancing exercise between revenue raised from adverts and costs to print and distribute.
You cant really complain for not getting a free newspaper. Its not some divine right smile
They did try selling them through some outlets that's why it has a price on it.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral Globe - 28th Dec 2014 1:20am
The Globe is shit.
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Wirral Globe - 28th Dec 2014 7:27pm
It's a joke! I live on Pensby Road and one side of the road gets delivered and our does not.

Posted By: snowhite Re: Wirral Globe - 28th Dec 2014 7:34pm
Originally Posted by Heswall1958
It's a joke! I live on Pensby Road and one side of the road gets delivered and our does not.

Same here,I asked the guy if i could have one delivered every week.He said sorry can t do that, Its not my patch to deliver the globe.
So i get one off a close freind.
Good read on local news.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wirral Globe - 28th Dec 2014 8:16pm
Originally Posted by Heswall1958

Health and Safety issue -- crossing a busy road.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Wirral Globe - 29th Dec 2014 8:53pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
I get 900 delivered every Tuesday night! Its a balancing exercise between revenue raised from adverts and costs to print and distribute.
You cant really complain for not getting a free newspaper. Its not some divine right smile
They did try selling them through some outlets that's why it has a price on it.

That must take some reading smile
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Wirral Globe - 29th Dec 2014 9:05pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
The Globe is shit.

This

K
Posted By: gerry1 Re: Wirral Globe - 19th Mar 2015 4:26pm
Wiki is mighter than the sword.
I see there is an Election on the way, I have now received 6 Wirral Globes since posting on Wiki.
Three cheers for Wiki,
HIP HIP HIP HOORAY.
Posted By: philmch Re: Wirral Globe - 19th Mar 2015 6:53pm
I just wish that the bugger who delivers mine in Prenton would close the sodding gate behind him.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Wirral Globe - 19th Mar 2015 7:06pm
we get about 10 of them delivered every week (i live in an old big house that's been converted into several flats) and my nan and grandad don't get it anymore so i give them one, leave the others out for a few days for other residents to take some if they want some, then at the end of each weekend whatever's left i take and use for the rabbit hutch. i think it's basically a lottery whether or not you get one.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wirral Globe - 19th Mar 2015 9:04pm
Originally Posted by philmch
I just wish that the bugger who delivers mine in Prenton would close the sodding gate behind him.

Just packed in my Prenton round (still do Claughton). What road yours. I always try to follow the country code--if gate open leave it open if its closed close it behind me. Some gates need more than closing --- they need a joiner or blacksmith. I cant complain too much about the Globe they have put around £30k in my pocket in the years ive been delivering them
© Wirral-Wikiwirral