Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Standing Orders - 24th Dec 2014 12:38am

I have money paid to me every month via standing order. The person who pays me claims the money has left their account and has gone into someone else's. I would have thought that because the name/acct number didn't match where it was supposed to end up, the receiving bank of the incorrect standing order would reject it before it went in? They are now very overdue in paying and I don't believe what they're telling me.
Does anyone work in a bank who can advise me?

Posted By: Salmon Re: Standing Orders - 24th Dec 2014 7:30am
Elizabeth,you describe this as a regular monthly payment in which case it is highly unlikely that it has suddenly gone to another person's account. Sadly it would appear that you are being misled. A word with your bank may help to clarify the situation.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Standing Orders - 24th Dec 2014 8:37am
Bank will tell you if standing order has been cancelled and when. Also check if the order was set up for a limited time only.
Posted By: venice Re: Standing Orders - 24th Dec 2014 5:44pm
Sounds like theyre playing for time is what comes to mind first .
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Standing Orders - 24th Dec 2014 10:06pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
Elizabeth,you describe this as a regular monthly payment in which case it is highly unlikely that it has suddenly gone to another person's account. Sadly it would appear that you are being misled. A word with your bank may help to clarify the situation.

It's what I think too and very odd that it has been regular for the last 5 months but suddenly it went astray. I believe they are simply trying to put off paying what they owe due to Christmas, but they seem to forget it's Christmas for me too.
Will have to wait now for a few days before I can really investigate and get what I'm owed.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral