Forums
Posted By: lauren_lfc89 Pest Control - 19th Nov 2014 4:07pm
My mum thinks she has Mice or Rats. Can anyone help me with this or recommend anyone?

Thanks
Posted By: stanb Re: Pest Control - 19th Nov 2014 4:44pm
Try giving the council a call/
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Pest Control - 19th Nov 2014 4:46pm
Rats are free mice cost money.Try Rats and mice Wirral council.
" No pun intended"
Posted By: lauren_lfc89 Re: Pest Control - 19th Nov 2014 5:15pm
Already rang council, 8th December was the earliest they can send someone out!!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Pest Control - 19th Nov 2014 5:50pm
Don't bother with humane mouse traps they probably cause more stress than the ones that kill them straight out. I used a humane one and the poor things were dead inside and it was full of mouse urine and droppings.
I used a humane one for a rat that was in the garden and caught it--drove about 3mile away and released it.
Use a raisin or sultana on a mouse trap or malt loaf but be prepared if they have nested as you may find lots of them. If its inside Try and find where they are gaining entry and block off-- could be where a waste pipe passes through wall and not filled in properly.

Posted By: starakita Re: Pest Control - 19th Nov 2014 11:23pm
I've had mice I got rat & mouse poison from Home & Bargain mixed with some crushed up quavers got 2 dead mice after a few days,just have to be careful where you put the poison
Posted By: snowhite Re: Pest Control - 20th Nov 2014 5:56pm
Adopt a cat,that will get rid of them for you.
Posted By: casper Re: Pest Control - 22nd Nov 2014 9:35am
I believe you can get sticky pads,very effective but they are not humane... it depends how bad your infestation is, I dont think there is any humane way to kill just maybe quicker.
Posted By: venice Re: Pest Control - 22nd Nov 2014 6:20pm
I hated doing it , but a while back we had mice in the roof . I used a simple steel (not wood) snap down mouse trap baited with chocolate and laid it along the edge of a beam. Checked it twice a day . Nothing for the first day, then about four , one at each check after each time Id reset it. The bar did land at various points across the head shoulders and body, but I got the impression with the powerful snap that they would have died pretty quickly . Quicker than poison anyway and I knew where they were to remove them. Didnt find a live one at the checks ,anyway,
© Wirral-Wikiwirral