Forums
Posted By: colin86 anyone fix slate tiles? - 22nd Oct 2014 3:42pm
Had a few slate tiles blew out of place on my roof last night, just wondering if anyone knows anyone who could come and fix it for me. Don't want anyone who doesn't know what their doing and don't want anyone who will try and over charge.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: anyone fix slate tiles? - 22nd Oct 2014 4:11pm
Check if your house insurance covers it. Usually have an excess to pay. Text Alan at Revival Roofing 07746926932. Think whoever comes will charge you half a days work
Posted By: venice Re: anyone fix slate tiles? - 22nd Oct 2014 7:52pm
Whats half a days work worth these days and how any hours does it represent ?
Posted By: Mark Re: anyone fix slate tiles? - 22nd Oct 2014 8:18pm
Try this guy Click Me
Posted By: fish5133 Re: anyone fix slate tiles? - 23rd Oct 2014 11:16am
Originally Posted by venice
Whats half a days work worth these days and how any hours does it represent ?

Means they will only fit in a couple of jobs that day by the time they have driven there taken ladders off , moving ladders up and down fix slates (if they have any with them) etc. Price £75 to £100 depending on who you get. Some will also ask if its an insurance job--quite unethical but they can inflate the price on paper get paid cash but charge you less so you get your insurance premium back when you submit price to insurers --some peoples conscience lets them do it--mine doesn't. Can still be cheaper for the insurers as the contractors they sometimes send round aren't always that cheap
Posted By: snowhite Re: anyone fix slate tiles? - 25th Oct 2014 5:29pm
Haweswater Construction ltd.
Call Paul on 01513531179.Very nice guy and reasonably priced.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral