Forums
Posted By: chris58 advertising flyers - 15th Jun 2014 6:14pm
Asking on behalf of a friend. Does anyone know if you have to get permission from the council or event organisers if you go round cars putting flyers on windscreens at a public event?
Thanks
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: advertising flyers - 15th Jun 2014 6:25pm
I've never asked anybody, just do it wink
Posted By: Dilly Re: advertising flyers - 15th Jun 2014 6:37pm
I would think that the only person who could stop you would be the car owner as it is their car you are putting it on. As Rude say's just do it.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: advertising flyers - 15th Jun 2014 8:37pm
I do that with menus, never had any bother
Posted By: j_demo Re: advertising flyers - 15th Jun 2014 8:47pm
I don't think you need any sort of permission. I went to the O2 arena in london a couple of months back for a festival called "country to country" basically a load of country music artists, big names in the country industry, we're all playing on the big stage but also smaller stages dotted around and I was helping my girlfriend give out/dump a load of flyers advertising her website and at no point did anyone try to stop us or anything. I ended up playing a little game trying to slide them into people's bags or pockets without them noticing. Most I got was 4 on the run without being noticed. Windscreens may be slightly easier unless you're playing in traffic.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: advertising flyers - 15th Jun 2014 8:58pm
If you are on private land and the organisers complain to the land owner they can throw you off. Best to check first.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: advertising flyers - 16th Jun 2014 12:47pm
Some supermarket car parks state you can't do it.
Posted By: chris58 Re: advertising flyers - 16th Jun 2014 6:38pm
Thanks folks will pass your info on
© Wirral-Wikiwirral