Forums
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Large Car Boot Sales - 16th May 2014 10:07am
Hi everyone, hope some of the wise and knowledgeable people on here can help.
Looking for some decent sized, local car boot sales, pref not the 4 stall jumble sale type stuff.

I'm looking for things like old machinery, electrics, electronics, old commercial/industrial fixtures and fittings, etc.

Don't mind a bit of traveling, if it's a really big one with potential.

Thanks for any help wink
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Large Car Boot Sales - 16th May 2014 10:49am
Biggest one I go to is at Chirk, used to go to the Wrexham one at Bryn-Y-Grog, but Chirk is the biggest I've found, interesting agrigultural things as well as large items.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Large Car Boot Sales - 16th May 2014 11:26am
Originally Posted by OxtonHill
Biggest one I go to is at Chirk, used to go to the Wrexham one at Bryn-Y-Grog, but Chirk is the biggest I've found, interesting agrigultural things as well as large items.

Brilliant, that is exactly the type of thing I am looking for smile Thanks you.
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Large Car Boot Sales - 16th May 2014 1:25pm
Hi rhoobarb,if you dont mind travelling,there is a huge boot sale just off the m62 near Ferrybridge.Its right alongside the motorway and stretches over three or four fields.I used to pass it @ 5.30am and most stalls were already set up.There are numerous refreshment stalls and loads and loads of sellers.When you get to Ferrybridge turnoff,stay on the m62 its a couple of miles further on.you will need to come off the m62,there is an underpass with directions to the site.Get there early some great bargains to be had. Good Luck.
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Large Car Boot Sales - 16th May 2014 1:27pm
Sorry rhoobarb, SUNDAYS only.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Large Car Boot Sales - 16th May 2014 3:00pm
Mona show ground in Anglesey used to be massive but you would have to see if it's still going as I haven't been for a few years
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Large Car Boot Sales - 17th May 2014 12:03pm
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002
Hi everyone, hope some of the wise and knowledgeable people on here can help.
Looking for some decent sized, local car boot sales, pref not the 4 stall jumble sale type stuff.

I'm looking for things like old machinery, electrics, electronics, old commercial/industrial fixtures and fittings, etc.

Don't mind a bit of traveling, if it's a really big one with potential.

Thanks for any help wink
http://www.carbootjunction.com/index.php
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Large Car Boot Sales - 18th May 2014 6:20am
Thanks for all the suggestions, appreciate it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral