Forums
Posted By: dva99999 Jewellery replacement - 15th May 2014 11:46am
It's been a long and arduous task, but about 18 months ago someone broke into the back of my house, and stole a jewellery box which I bought from Chester. It was an Egyptian designed leather bound box. I've managed to replace most of the jewellery that was in the box, by trawling round the various pawn shops and jewellers around the Wirral but there is one item that I haven't been able to replace, so I am calling on anyone to help me.
It was a ring bought for by my mother while out in Canada. It is an 18 carat white and yellow gold mans ring. The bit that goes round the finger is yellow gold and the crown is a square white gold lump with a small diamond chip in the top left corner. It is fairly unique but I've tried to do a drawing of it to give you some idea of what it looks like. It's possible that it was sold at a pawn shop and someone legitimately bought it from the shop. What I would like is at the very least to either buy it back, or get a pic of so I can have it remade but a reputable jeweller. Like I said it is unique so there will not be many, (if any) like it. Appreciate any help.
Thanks

Ps...Can't load pic
Posted By: dva99999 Re: Jewellery replacement - 15th May 2014 12:10pm
Originally Posted by dva99999
It's been a long and arduous task, but about 18 months ago someone broke into the back of my house, and stole a jewellery box which I bought from Chester. It was an Egyptian designed leather bound box. I've managed to replace most of the jewellery that was in the box, by trawling round the various pawn shops and jewellers around the Wirral but there is one item that I haven't been able to replace, so I am calling on anyone to help me.
It was a ring bought for by my mother while out in Canada. It is an 18 carat white and yellow gold mans ring. The bit that goes round the finger is yellow gold and the crown is a square white gold lump with a small diamond chip in the top left corner. It is fairly unique but I've tried to do a drawing of it to give you some idea of what it looks like. It's possible that it was sold at a pawn shop and someone legitimately bought it from the shop. What I would like is at the very least to either buy it back, or get a pic of so I can have it remade but a reputable jeweller. Like I said it is unique so there will not be many, (if any) like it. Appreciate any help.
Thanks

Ps...Can't load pic

Here's a drawing

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: whocares Re: Jewellery replacement - 15th May 2014 12:32pm
Hi dva99999,

I know what its like to have sentimental jewellery stolen from you - we had two rings stolen by a scumbag tradesman who we allowed into our house and trusted, foolishly.

Very fortunately we got them back two years later when by chance we spotted one of them in a pawnbrokers in Chester. So never give up!

We were in the process at the time, of having them replaced and we had taken a drawing to Diamond By Design in Heswall who were really helpful and were about to make up what we wanted.

If all else fails give them a try!
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Jewellery replacement - 15th May 2014 3:35pm
So sorry to hear of your loss and strife. A reminder though that we should photograph anything precious to us (not necessarily valuable).
Posted By: dva99999 Re: Jewellery replacement - 15th May 2014 11:07pm
I'm pretty sure of who it was but cannot prove it. Thanks for your advice.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral