Forums
My elder grandson will be three in July. He is facinated with extreme survival and rock climbing TV programmes. I took him yesterday to Red and Yellow Noses where I used to play sixty years ago. He thought it was great and also loved watching the trains from the dips. Later we went to see the model boats so it was a good day out.

Is there a local park or somewhere in Wirral we can climb small rocks?
Hi , there rocks in Birkenhead Park ,mine used to love going there , they are by the play area , also a new 'arch' rock area near the swings ,hope this helps..
Posted By: granny Re: Where to go for toddler to safely climb rocks? - 30th Apr 2014 10:32am
Hi Pax hi

Try giving the Wirral Rangers a call, Telephone: 0151 648 4371

I was thinking Thurstaston Common, or maybe Royden Park but not too sure about either for a little one.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: j_demo Re: Where to go for toddler to safely climb rocks? - 30th Apr 2014 12:06pm
down new brighton beach by the fort has a decent rock climbing set up and it's not high either. other end as well by the Derby Pool has more as well.
Perhaps the rocks forming the 'breakwater'on Wallasey prom.If you go to the one by Vale Park, there is also the Black Pearl to visit. The tide up that way does not come right in, thus the rocks are not slippy.
3 years old, Birkenhead Park, brilliant. Lots of hidy places too.

oldman
Thank you everyone for your really helpful suggestions. Over the next few weeks we will visit them all.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral