Forums
Posted By: TudorBlue Wood burning stove - 24th Apr 2014 3:49pm
Anyone recommend a decent installer? Need it done within the next few months. Thanks
Posted By: daveybm Re: Wood burning stove - 25th Apr 2014 9:40am
If you are going to have a wood burning stove installed, it is recommended that you use a HETAS registered installer, they will install the stove, flue liner etc to a certain standard and supply you with a certificate to say as such, this might be important if you decide to sell your house or if you need to make an insurance claim. I suggest you visit the HETAS to find out more.
https://www.hetas.co.uk/professionals/installers/

You can install it yourself but you need to pay the council to come and inspect it and certify it fit for use ( they charge £200 -£300).
Also if you live in a smoke control area (smokeless zone) the stove will need to be DEFRA approved for use in a smokeless zone, Not all are.

Dave
Posted By: TudorBlue Re: Wood burning stove - 5th May 2014 3:36pm
All sorted. Had ours fitted last week by Charles Gorman. Cant recommend him highly enough. Fantastic
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Wood burning stove - 6th May 2014 12:31pm
If you dont mined me asking, How much did you pay all together please.been thinking for sometime now about getting one.
Posted By: TudorBlue Re: Wood burning stove - 6th May 2014 6:24pm
Originally Posted by beehive
If you dont mined me asking, How much did you pay all together please.been thinking for sometime now about getting one.

I will inbox you details. Couldnt be happier with it. Had it lit a couple of times now and its spot on. Only thing you need to know is, parts of the wirral are smoke free zones so you have to be careful what you burn (just depends where you live). You can only burn wood and smokeless coal, which if you shop around you can find it cheaply enough. The installer took one full day and about 2 hours on the second day.
Posted By: daveybm Re: Wood burning stove - 7th May 2014 7:49am
All you need to know about stoves here :-
http://www.stovefittersmanual.co.uk
A very informative site from a guy in North Wales.

Dave
Posted By: TudorBlue Re: Wood burning stove - 7th May 2014 12:38pm
We went with Charles Gorman from neston, top bloke whos been in the business 30 years. Cant recommend him highly enough
© Wirral-Wikiwirral