Forums
Posted By: venice motorbike/scooter interests - 23rd Mar 2014 1:06pm
Is there a Lambretta scooter/ honda 90 club/group that someone could contact , to put the word out if they were interested in getting a new secondhand machine of that type and didnt want to travel to view much further than an hour away please?
Posted By: Wench Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 23rd Mar 2014 2:29pm
There used to be one years ago called the Shed of Shame, think it was in the Saddle Club. Not sure if it's still going or not though.
Posted By: venice Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 23rd Mar 2014 2:50pm
Presuming thats the Saddle Club in Roman Rd Prenton --thanks Ill give them a ring tomorrow and ask.
Posted By: lansyp Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 23rd Mar 2014 10:24pm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VESPA-PX125-/281290711950?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item417e3ba38e
Posted By: venice Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 24th Mar 2014 8:42am
Kind of you thanks Lansyp but too elderly and small apparently. Hesitate to put a wanted ad on for him , till hes a bit more settled on whats around ,but generally speaking ,it will probably be someones pride and joy theyre selling, rather than something needing doing up. A low mileage v.good condition vehicle .Lambretta, an old or new Vespa (both with larger engine size), or late yr Honda90 .
Dont imagine theres HOnda 90 clubs around grin but thought maybe there could be scooter clubs/gatherings , so Ill ring the Saddle club to ask. Thanks again.
Posted By: venice Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 24th Mar 2014 3:36pm
Sad, the scooter meetings at the Saddle Club finished quite a while ago apparently , but thanks for the lead Wench. Maybe time for a broad based advert after all in the wanted section.
Posted By: kpr1969 Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 24th Mar 2014 4:06pm
i'm struggling to know what the OP is asking...
are you looking to buy a scooter from somewhere fairly local?
Posted By: futurepast Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 24th Mar 2014 11:33pm
Try and contact Cloud 9 been going for years,someone on here should have a contact number.
check out this page I found.
http://www.vespa.org.uk/birkenhead-cloud-9-2013.html
Posted By: venice Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 25th Mar 2014 1:06am
Brilliant. Ive got details for them from that link thanks futurepast, Ill get in touch and go from there.

kpr - yes , OH doesnt want to travel a long way only to find a bike isnt in the described state etc. He's not hell bent on one make only , so is just sussing out what might be for sale around the area - and what better source than enthusiasts clubs for finding much loved and cared for machines. Seemples !
Posted By: kpr1969 Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 25th Mar 2014 8:51am
ok futurepast beat me to it there.
Have you tried eBay?
do a search on there with 'nearest 1st' as a preference and you never know you might get something that comes up close by.
wish I had never sold mine now, have you seen the prices they go for?
Posted By: venice Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 25th Mar 2014 10:14am
Yes, got a permanent local search on Ebay saved thanks and keeping an eye on Preloved too . One possibility being looked at at the mo. Yes the prices are a shocker, but on the other hand if you look after them like a newborn, they hold their value.
Posted By: kpr1969 Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 26th Mar 2014 10:18am
I got mine from www.scootertrader.com
give that a try,.
just had a google and Turners is still going in Ellesmere Port!?!
http://www.turnersscooters.co.uk
they may possibly be able to put you in touch with people who might buy/sell used scoots.
Posted By: venice Re: motorbike/scooter interests - 26th Mar 2014 11:35pm
Nothing in those thanks but will keep eye open on them.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral