Forums
Posted By: venice Electric window cleaner - 6th Mar 2014 12:37pm
Does anyone use the Karcher electric window cleaner ? Do they actually do what the adverts say or are they just gimmicky and more trouble than theyre worth. Any comments about their effectiveness, benefits or downsides gratefully received. Thanks.
Posted By: rossie Re: Electric window cleaner - 6th Mar 2014 1:42pm
I have one and it is the only "gimmicky thing" that I have ever bought that works. All my friends have bought them since they have seen mine.
Only downside is that you do actually have to switch them on.
Posted By: venice Re: Electric window cleaner - 6th Mar 2014 1:52pm
Thats promising Rossie, are they fiddly to set up or anything?
Posted By: rossie Re: Electric window cleaner - 6th Mar 2014 1:56pm
No they are very easy to assemble. I am useless with things like that but even I can manage.
Posted By: venice Re: Electric window cleaner - 6th Mar 2014 2:06pm
Thanks rossi

Ive looked on Ebay , and some seem to have an extra little hand gadgets too which adds to the price . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Karcher-L..._CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item27df37a99e

If youve got these, what do they add to the experience or do I just need the main handset.
Posted By: rossie Re: Electric window cleaner - 6th Mar 2014 2:33pm
No I only have basic window cleaner. I use diluted washing up liquid which I put in a bucket then use one of those lambswool window things. The grandchildren (age 4 -7)paint the windows with this mix then either myself or one of the kids runs the Karcher over it. There are no smears or drips and no matter how dirty the windows are they come up great in seconds.
I was stupid enough to buy and additional small head but you do not need it and I have lost it.It would be handy but not essential if you have a lot of small pains.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Electric window cleaner - 6th Mar 2014 4:04pm
Sounds as if you already have small pains (age 4-7) wink
Posted By: venice Re: Electric window cleaner - 6th Mar 2014 5:13pm
The small pains you can give back at the end of the visit Chris, are the best!!
Thanks rossie I think Im going to invest in one of those, they sound great, and at the moment , my windows are just an embarrassment! Oh no, I mean they give us great privacy grin
Posted By: TillieTrochar Re: Electric window cleaner - 8th Mar 2014 4:25pm
I have one Venice....! So easy to use and does what it says on the tin....!! Definately worth getting one. Happy window cleaning..!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Electric window cleaner - 8th Mar 2014 5:25pm
Originally Posted by venice
The small pains you can give back at the end of the visit Chris, are the best!!

True: when we sent our two to stay with my parents, my wife used to say they came back "polished".
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Electric window cleaner - 8th Mar 2014 5:51pm
Tillie Trochars daddy bought it for her,but Nicky Trochar is probably the one thats used it. X Daddy.
Posted By: rossie Re: Electric window cleaner - 8th Mar 2014 8:07pm
At present if you spend over a £100 on the Vax web site they give you a Electric window cleaner free.
Posted By: venice Re: Electric window cleaner - 8th Mar 2014 10:54pm
Thanks everyone . Good opportunity at Vax for someone rossie, but i think Ill just buy the window cleaner as Ive already got three vacs ! One upstairs, one downstairs, and a spare I inherited after a family bereavement last year which we keep for the car .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral