Forums
Posted By: Excoriator International Trade Centre - 2nd Feb 2014 10:57pm
This was supposed to have been well advanced by now, but still no sign whatsoever of any on-site activity. In October,the Wirral Globe was promising a start to building it in the new year, but driving past the other day it was as deserted as ever.

My bet is it will remain so for many a long year hence.

Is there anyone who has more optimistic news of the project, or should we just forget it?

It might make a nice waterside park, with a little landscaping one day.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: International Trade Centre - 3rd Feb 2014 10:14am
They have started demolishing the Mobil site again to make way for phase 1 but thats all I have seen happening.
Posted By: granny Re: International Trade Centre - 3rd Feb 2014 11:00am
Last I read was, that they had received £5.5million from government for fast track and were waiting for further funds to be granted of over £20 million. That I think was around June 2013.

Posted By: Excoriator Re: International Trade Centre - 3rd Feb 2014 11:01am
Well, that would make an even bigger waterside park! I expect site clearance is done at taxpayer's expense anyway in the hope that developers will not be discouraged by the dereliction.

It is beginning to look as if the whole 'Wirral Waters' scheme is dead in the ..er, water.

Of course I could be wrong, and hope I am, but I could just as easily be right too!
Posted By: granny Re: International Trade Centre - 3rd Feb 2014 11:07am
Article here but I read it on the Wirral Waters site somewhere.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/1...or_Wirral_Waters_Enterprise_Zone/?ref=rc
Posted By: Excoriator Re: International Trade Centre - 3rd Feb 2014 6:31pm
That was rather a long time ago.

Probably it will go the way of the £450,000 Wirral column which was supposed o be visible 70 miles away and extend into the stratosphere. In the event it hardly made six feet!

I don't know about you but if I buy something and it doesn't work I expect to get my money back, but as far as I can see the Wirral Council can't be bothered to ask for this cash to be refunded. Its only nearly half a million quid of course, and its not theirs so its not worth the hassle over such a trifling sum of yours and my money!

© Wirral-Wikiwirral