Forums
Posted By: angel1368 Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 30th Jan 2014 1:35pm
As title says want a gym but without all the fellas standing in gangs flexing thinking they are solid
Posted By: stu6278 Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 30th Jan 2014 2:40pm
I'm after this too. Apparently a new gym's opened in Moreton by the Cross. Think it's PAYG. Am going to investigate at the weekend.
Posted By: casper Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 30th Jan 2014 4:36pm
Leasowe Castle, has a gym used to go its okay, but I think in all gyms you get the knuckle draggers wanting to pose in the mirrors.
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 30th Jan 2014 5:13pm
"Knuckle draggers" - hilarious . hee hee
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 30th Jan 2014 5:56pm
You mean your looking for a petrol station that only serves clapped out old bangers rather than porsche and ferraris
Posted By: j_demo Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 30th Jan 2014 7:12pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
You mean your looking for a petrol station that only serves clapped out old bangers rather than porsche and ferraris

no they're after a respectable place to go and exercise without feeling that just being in there they're doubling the total IQ of the gym-users
Posted By: angel1368 Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 30th Jan 2014 7:22pm
hahaha thank you j demo
Posted By: DavidB Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 30th Jan 2014 7:55pm
Used to go to Total Fitness in Prenton which didn't have a lot of stedheads, but still had 20 something males only doing bench presses with massive shoulders and tiny, skinny legs obsessing over protein powder. They are not that bad tbh, and it's a pretty good gym.
The worst thing was having the same five songs on repeat and Jeremy Kyle on every single telly.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 31st Jan 2014 10:39am
Try this:

http://theuts.co.uk/

A work colleague goes there and says its great. There are also women-only sessions.
Posted By: jenscho Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 31st Jan 2014 1:27pm
I used to go to DW Sports in Bromborough, I thought it was great and never felt intimidated by any scaries!!
Posted By: rac18 Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 1st Feb 2014 11:28pm
I'm part of the council Invigor8 scheme and can go to any of the council run gyms, I usually go to Wirral Tennis Centre or Europa Pools and they are both pretty good, you get the odd one but its mainly older people in their I find. The tennis centre has the same people in their most days and its mainly older men and women most of the time.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 2nd Feb 2014 3:30am
I believe its best to go early in the mornings to avoid the big shots, only what av been Told by a friend that goes every morning so he can avoid them.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 2nd Feb 2014 11:19am
Titans Gym
When we looked inside there was no-one in and there were 3/4 sections for various activities.
It's by Central Station and has it's own car park and serves breakfasts
click for the visit

Posted By: Hannahirby Re: Gyms in Wirral without . . . . - 10th Feb 2014 8:22pm
Total fitness in prenton I've been a member there for two years and only use the women's only gym inside which is just the right Size and always equipment and machines available.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral