Forums
Posted By: Ade_V Building on site of old Park Primary School, CH44 - 23rd Jan 2014 6:11pm
Does anyone know if this new mini-housing estate has any kind of planning permission? Is it exempt for some reason (e.g. because it's a brownfield site, or because it's "low cost" (=cheap) housing?)

Seems a shame to lose the best looking building in Poulton for yet another load of identikit boxes frown
Park Primary School (corner of Love Lane and Oxton Rd) was demolished and rebuilt, if you mean Poulton Primary School (Alderley Rd) then yes full Planning permission was granted in June last year for the construction of 33 affordable houses and flats.
Planning Notice :-
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/planning/D...t.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=91065

Dave
33 new homes!
Got that song in my head when i read this,
"Little boxes, little boxes and they all looked the just the same"

I find it odd they knock this school down, yet just down the road the other primary school is getting enlarged with a new bigger building, couldn't they just move the that school to this spot!
Bummer, thanks. As someone who has clear line-of-site to the site, I'd expected to have had a questionnaire through, but they didn't bother it seems. 27 notifications & not a single response, I guess we get what we deserve.

Thanks Dave, I had previously searched the database but hadn't managed to get the record up for some reason.
Originally Posted by daveybm
full Planning permission was granted in June last year for the construction of 33 affordable houses and flats.

Dave

That is just criminal!

"We don't care how small and flimsy, just knock em up and get our cash quick".

I can see it affecting the surrounding homeowners valuations quite considerably no
© Wirral-Wikiwirral