Forums
Anybody recommend a tv repair shop who could fix a Bush 40883F
television with an intermittent fault.
It would be a shame to have to scrap it .
Whats the problem with it?
picture goes off ...then reappears sometimes just for a few minutes or sometimes longer ..sound is still there
Ok this could be an easy fix for yourself, there are various circut boards in the tv which are replaceable.

edit, just seen the model number, i will look it up now, you need to know if it is a commen problem.
Thanks Ste ...appreciate your help
Pretty sure this will be your problem....

Clicky

It doesn't seem to be a common problem with this set so it would be worth buying one from ebay and fitting it yourself.

There aren't many repair shops nowadays that will successfully repair them, they tend to tell you it would be cheaper to buy a new set.

If you want to take the plunge and give it a try heres one on ebay, tested and working with a 14 day money back gauruntee for £27...

Clicky

The parts on these pcb's cannot be replaced as they are so small, there will not be any available new either so if you take it to a repair shop they will get one from ebay, charge you extra for the part and then charge around £40-£50 labour.

Thse are easy to fit, you just need to be carefull when removing the ribbons from the old pcb.
that's brill Ste I'm gonna take the back off now and compare it with that photo ..then I('ll order it ..and I'll pm you back when I've fitted it).
Ok buddy, good luck happy
looked at that board on ebay and although the model number tallied (and even the screen serial number tallied) the board in the picture was rectangular and was definitely not like mine ... but I found another ebay seller with my identical board and got it for £19.99 and £3.99 postage with a 30 day warrantee ...can't wait to install it, as you said it's only ribbon connections, which I will VERY carefully remove

thanks Ste
No problem, let me know how you get on smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral