Forums
Posted By: impeltroy Documentary short film. - 5th Oct 2013 9:58pm
Hello,

I'm a local filmmaker and I'm looking for a topic for a short documentary. Ideally, I'd like it to be a character study/portrait, however a film about a particular place would also be good.

Just wondering if anyone knows someone especially unique or interesting? A musician maybe?

Open to suggestions...would appreciate it!

Ben
Posted By: Dilly Re: Documentary short film. - 6th Oct 2013 9:26am
Hi ben, have you thought of giving on of the urban exploration guys a shout,Transcentral for instance is a very interesting guy with lots of local Knowledge, and a real nice guy too. Good luck.
Posted By: venice Re: Documentary short film. - 6th Oct 2013 9:34am
Oh, thats sad, I was going to suggest James Jackson the taxidermist at Liverpool Museum , but Ive just checked and he died last Summer. I visited his workshop several times a few years ago when needing help with a project , and he was fascinating to talk to ,- I was spellbound with some of the tales he told, and captivated watching him go about his trade so passionately. It wasnt just an artform , it encompassed animal health, science, research and just so many things. He would have made a great candidate . A shame hes gone, such a loss of amazing talent. RIP James.
How about someone like Tallulah who manages her bar as well as making a difference to rescued animals -- Thats an interesting combination and gives you two venues to film --and maybe she would welcome the publicity for the donkeys,I dont know.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Documentary short film. - 6th Oct 2013 9:36am
Originally Posted by Dilly
Hi ben, have you thought of giving on of the urban exploration guys a shout,Transcentral for instance is a very interesting guy with lots of local Knowledge, and a real nice guy too. Good luck.

Yes transcentral would be great.

or theses guys who do a brilliant job all over the world
https://www.facebook.com/groups/322436501200163/
Posted By: impeltroy Re: Documentary short film. - 6th Oct 2013 8:12pm
That is a shame. Would have been an excellent choice too! Thanks for your suggestion.
Posted By: impeltroy Re: Documentary short film. - 6th Oct 2013 8:13pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

Yeah, that would be good! I've seen some of the photos on here before. I'll try and get in touch. Thanks!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Documentary short film. - 6th Oct 2013 9:59pm
How about a short documentary about the guy John Bethell whose medal was found in a horse yard--see posts on this forum
"crew of the Berengaria 1931"
You could get the finder to show you how he found it and the hunt for info to track down--half the works done for you by other posters on the thread. Theres a couple of posts about it
Posted By: impeltroy Re: Documentary short film. - 6th Oct 2013 10:00pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
How about a short documentary about the guy John Bethell whose medal was found in a horse yard--see posts on this forum
"crew of the Berengaria 1931"
You could get the finder to show you how he found it and the hunt for info to track down--half the works done for you by other posters on the thread. Theres a couple of posts about it

Yeah, that could be interesting! I'll have a look at that and follow it up. Getting some very good suggestions here so I'm making notes and trying to follow up on them!

Thanks!
Posted By: kimpri Re: Documentary short film. - 6th Oct 2013 10:14pm
got any links to your short Documentary/films?
Posted By: impeltroy Re: Documentary short film. - 6th Oct 2013 10:51pm
Originally Posted by kimpri
got any links to your short Documentary/films?

Sure! Here's a link to some of my films on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/user18912084/videos

© Wirral-Wikiwirral