Forums
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: Egremont Ferry Pub - 21st Sep 2013 7:13pm
Anyone know what is happening with this pub?
Posted By: Tatey Re: Egremont Ferry Pub - 22nd Sep 2013 6:49am
Still nothing happening down there.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Egremont Ferry Pub - 22nd Sep 2013 6:54am
enlighten me? whats the latest??? last i knew it was open and people went there for a drink and that was that just like any other pub...
Posted By: Dilly Re: Egremont Ferry Pub - 22nd Sep 2013 7:01am
Originally Posted by j_demo
enlighten me? whats the latest??? last i knew it was open and people went there for a drink and that was that just like any other pub...

I has been closed for many months now, allegedly for a revamp. The last I was told was that they have found massive problems with the foundations, (hearsay)
Posted By: Tatey Re: Egremont Ferry Pub - 22nd Sep 2013 8:50am
Latest rumour I heard is that the roof is in such a bad state (as said by Mr. Moss)that it will be demolished??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Egremont Ferry Pub - 22nd Sep 2013 9:19am
I guess the problem is somewhere between the foundations and the roof eh ? That narrows it down somewhat. grin
Posted By: granny Re: Egremont Ferry Pub - 22nd Sep 2013 9:26am
Prime location for
nice NEW pub, eh?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Egremont Ferry Pub - 22nd Sep 2013 10:05am
Originally Posted by granny
Prime location for
nice NEW pub, eh?

don't think they build pubs any more Granny, just tear them down :-(
Posted By: Shambo Re: Egremont Ferry Pub - 22nd Sep 2013 11:24am
Very prime location for lots of different types of re-development. It must be the difficulty obtaining finance, and the fact it's located in a less affluent part of the borough, that limits its potential. If you were romantic and paid to see the old fabric of the building made good, or even knocked it down and built a new Egremont Ferry bar & restaurant, you might be waiting a very long time for a return on your investment. If you replaced it with posh apartments with river views, the market for buyers would be limited to people who'd risk buying a luxury flat on what is currently the wrong side of the tracks, so to speak. Maybe a mixed development would be the way forward? What ever way you approach it, it'll take somebody with courage of conviction, far reaching vision and deep pockets to make a good thing happen there soon.

My money's on it spontaneously combusting, then the waste ground sitting empty for a few years whilst locals complain about it, before somebody can secure the finance to build any type of flats on it. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral