Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ paypal payment? - 24th Jul 2013 11:00am
hi, noticed money came out my bank today, dedcription says paypal payment with a red no.

no record of it in paypal or ebay and i have not bought anything today?

any ideas?
Posted By: j_demo Re: paypal payment? - 24th Jul 2013 11:05am
paypal/your bank is usually 3-7 days behind with it appearing on your account... it could be ebay fees? i know i have mine automatically set-up so that every month ebay take their fees off me automatically
Posted By: reddragon Re: paypal payment? - 24th Jul 2013 11:07am
my ebay fes were taken out yesterday via paypal have you sold anything recently?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: paypal payment? - 24th Jul 2013 11:09am
thanks, i thought that but my fees for this months are about £60 yet they have only took £11:52.
Also the bill is still the same on my ebay, pretty sure i did not do a direct debit for ebay, sure it just comes out my bank if theres not enough in paypal.
the only direct debit that should come out of this account is my car insurance.
Posted By: bigpete Re: paypal payment? - 24th Jul 2013 12:40pm
didn't they add more fees a couple of months ago ?
Posted By: j_demo Re: paypal payment? - 24th Jul 2013 3:45pm
Originally Posted by bigpete

wasn't aware of this, i know they did something where now you pay comission on postage as well as the value of the item, ie you can't now sell something for 1p and put £200 as the postage and only pay comission on the 1p.

also paypal have fees (which come directly from payments received anyway) as well as ebay, you may be confusing that with ebay fees??????
Posted By: mrhanky Re: paypal payment? - 24th Jul 2013 4:30pm
Have you bought anything with the delayed payment? Think that takes about four weeks for them to take the money.
Posted By: Salmon Re: paypal payment? - 24th Jul 2013 4:39pm
You ought to be able to query this with PayPal and or the bank.I had a recent scam email from paypal, the usual rubbish about a failed transaction and click here so we can take all your money.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: paypal payment? - 24th Jul 2013 11:22pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
Have you bought anything with the delayed payment? Think that takes about four weeks for them to take the money.

No as i only buy if funds are available so it can't be that.

Originally Posted by Salmon
You ought to be able to query this with PayPal and or the bank.I had a recent scam email from paypal, the usual rubbish about a failed transaction and click here so we can take all your money.

I never click any links on e-mails to be honest, what i shall do is check tomorrow and if there is still no change i will leave it for a couple of days and check again.

Originally Posted by j_demo
Originally Posted by bigpete

wasn't aware of this, i know they did something where now you pay comission on postage as well as the value of the item, ie you can't now sell something for 1p and put £200 as the postage and only pay comission on the 1p.

also paypal have fees (which come directly from payments received anyway) as well as ebay, you may be confusing that with ebay fees??????

I never ever charge postage on my items, more so because the buyer thinks they are getting a bargain which helps sales.

It's an odd one, i'll leave it and check paypal, ebay and the bank again in a couple of days, it's such an odd amount and all i have bought was an old xbox 1 game last Friday and some eyelashes for the mrs on monday yet neither were for that amount and both are on the paypal statement.

Ahh well, time will tell.

Thanks for all your help guys happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral