Forums
Is there a way of accessing official Births, Marriage and Deaths records for Wallasey?

(This is regarding someone (not family) who (possibly) passed away in Wallasey circa. 1948, I know their name and address but little else.)

I have looked in the records kept in Earlston Library, but they are not a complete list; they consist of only those deaths that were mentioned as news articles or obituaries in the Wallasey News.

Thanks.
Tess x.

Look at
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/my-services/community-and-living/certificates

Register Office is at Birkenhead Town Hall.
Great - will do.
Thanks Kenmo grin grin grin

Edit: it looks like it is possible to do a 'general search' of the index....

('To make an appointment to undertake a ‘General Search’ of the indexes please telephone 0151 606 2020')

....which sounds like just what I need.
Thanks again
Tess x.
Hi Tess. Apart from the good advice given if you phone your local library they can give info as to which days The Family History Society visits and the Society do free searches for you into family records on the internet.
Hi paxvobiscum,
that's a great idea, and thank you!
My query isn't about a family member though, it's to do with a specific house in Wallasey and someone who possibly lived there at the end of WW2.

Actually it's to do with research into a ghost... and yes I know how daft that comment makes me sound...!!

When I was very little, when in that particular house, I recall seeing a ghost.. it was of a man who had hung himself in the stairwell. I've had nightmares since of seeing the poor chap hanging there, and I've always wondered about the history of that house and who he could be, so that's why I'm looking into it now.

Of course I reserve the right to be totally bonkers..... but even though I was only little I know what I saw!

Tess x.

Originally Posted by paxvobiscum
Hi Tess. Apart from the good advice given if you phone your local library they can give info as to which days The Family History Society visits and the Society do free searches for you into family records on the internet.

I have found out that the Family History Group are next at Earlston Library on Friday 9th August between 10.00am and 1.00pm.

I thought I would mention this in case anyone else is interested in dropping by too smile

Tess x.
You might also want to have a look at the wirral archives - its in the Cheshire Lines Building, Canning Street, Birkenhead. Lots of official records etc, and the staff may be able to advise you on other sources of info if they don't have what yr looking for
Thanks AdamS, I will do smile

I'll tell more of my 'ghost story' when/if I get hold of some more confirmatory info.

Tess x.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral