Forums
Posted By: Michelle_Louise Skip Hire - 10th Jun 2013 10:02am
Hello

I'm in need of a small skip, who is the cheapest can anyone recommend who is best to use?? Renovating a house so on a tight budget!

Thanks

Michelle
Posted By: Nigel Re: Skip Hire - 10th Jun 2013 10:30am
Originally Posted by Michelle_Louise
Hello

I'm in need of a small skip, who is the cheapest can anyone recommend who is best to use?? Renovating a house so on a tight budget!

Thanks

Michelle

Cant you just get rid of it piece meal? Small pieces at a time, in the Green bin, chop it all up if your on a budget.
Posted By: Michelle_Louise Re: Skip Hire - 10th Jun 2013 10:37am
No unfortunately not its a massive amount of rubble, timber and large carpets.
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: Skip Hire - 10th Jun 2013 10:46am
probably cheaper to get a man a van of local facebook sites to do a tip run for you works out cheaper and they do the work especialy if the skip would be on the road as you would have to pay for a permit of the thieves that call themselves the council wich is 25 pound
Posted By: madimoo75 Re: Skip Hire - 10th Jun 2013 12:28pm
i agree with moretonjeffo, skip hire is very pricey these days. i was looking to hire a small skip, and with the price of permits, it costed at over £120, i contacted dinkysmanandvanhire.co.uk and they came and gave me a quote. £40 to get rid of 7 tip runs worth of rubbish. hope this helps
Posted By: Michelle_Louise Re: Skip Hire - 10th Jun 2013 12:57pm
No permit needed as it can go on the drive, we also have a large van but the time taken out to do the tip runs would be pretty large. 3 brick walls and internal plaster of most walls are coming out, plus timber and carpets. Its a lot.
Posted By: saltytom Re: Skip Hire - 10th Jun 2013 3:42pm
Originally Posted by Michelle_Louise
No unfortunately not its a massive amount of rubble, timber and large carpets.
So why would you want a small skip. A man and a van is the best way as long as they are a registered waste carrier.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral