Forums
Posted By: Tina21 The Tall ships. - 8th Jun 2013 12:51pm
Hi, can anyone please tell me what time on Sunday the tall ships sail out of Liverpool.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: The Tall ships. - 8th Jun 2013 1:38pm
Not sure that they are in Tina. Are you sure you're not looking at the website from last year???? (I only ask becasue I did the same last week raftl
Posted By: Tina21 Re: The Tall ships. - 8th Jun 2013 2:20pm
thank you Softy Southerner, but no it was on the itv news on Friday that they were in and sail out Sunday 9th June 2013. its cos of the river fest; the is lots going on down on the river and around the prom..
Posted By: Norton Re: The Tall ships. - 8th Jun 2013 2:25pm
Up-to-date info seems scarse, but the ' itsliverpool.com ' site says
"The Liverpool on the Waterfront programme, which is free to the public, runs from late May to early June.

The programme will be launched with the city hosting the 70th and final national anniversary commemoration of the Battle of Atlantic on May 24. It will close with the revival of the Mersey River Festival on June 7-9."

I've just found a better link from them here (click).
This says 11am to 5pm, and lists many of the ships.

Hope this helps. I've got friends going over there this afternoon...
Posted By: Tina21 Re: The Tall ships. - 8th Jun 2013 2:42pm
Thank you Norton. will give them a look...
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: The Tall ships. - 8th Jun 2013 2:56pm
Thanks Norton
Posted By: rocks Re: The Tall ships. - 8th Jun 2013 4:25pm
i found info in the echo on line so i walked down to woodside for a stroll on the off chance i may have seen the ships (i couldnt see) but i was treated to a lovely air display that i dont think was planned smile
Posted By: Norton Re: The Tall ships. - 8th Jun 2013 6:24pm
More from itsliverpool.com, regarding the air display appended below..

I didn't hear the 3pm flight, otherwise I'd have taken a look. I was sat here quite quietly typing the reply above. I'll take a look tomorrow, but be aware that river events don't always go to scheduled timings.

Yakovlevs Aircraft Acrobatics

Free | 8th June - 9th June

3pm Sat & 2pm Sun , Over The River Mersey

Flying authentic Russian aircrafts, watch in awe as the display team perform precise, yet graceful combinations of tight formations and exciting aerobatics, high speed passes and breath-taking crosses.

Anywhere along the Liverpool waterfront will provide a great vantage point to watch the aircrafts.

Free , No need to book
© Wirral-Wikiwirral