Forums
Posted By: yr20405 Fix bicycle tyre - 20th Apr 2013 1:29pm
Anyone here know how to fix a bicycle tyre? I've tried to use the tyre pump doesn't work, can't see any cuts.
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Fix bicycle tyre - 20th Apr 2013 2:48pm
buy a puncture repair kit, take the inner tube out of the tyre,pump up inner tube and dunk it in a bucket of water, you will be able to see bubbles where it is burst,then patch over the hole. put inner tube back inside tyre and pump it up. happy days
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: Fix bicycle tyre - 20th Apr 2013 2:50pm
a new inner tube in Tesco only costs 2 pound much easier than messing about fixing punctures
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Fix bicycle tyre - 20th Apr 2013 3:58pm
Originally Posted by moretonjeffo
a new inner tube in Tesco only costs 2 pound much easier than messing about fixing punctures

withthat
Posted By: Bobario Re: Fix bicycle tyre - 21st Apr 2013 6:22am
just make sure you check the tyre for whatever caused the puncture in the first place, as the glass or thorn will puncture your new tube as well.
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: Fix bicycle tyre - 21st Apr 2013 4:20pm
Or visit Asda and buy puncture proof inner tubes, I had a spate of punctures 2 years, while shopping in Asda I saw these there were £5.99 each dearer but well worth it, I went nearly 2 years without a puncture until my bike was stolen last month so now some scally/chav has the pleasure of puncture free cycling (they probably sold it anyway)

So when I get my new one, the first thing I'm going to invest is the above....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral