Forums
Posted By: derekdwc Pics in Art Gallery query - 14th Apr 2013 8:42am
Would you be allowed to take photos of the paintings in the local art galleries.
I'd like to see the local old landscape paintings that have been done that are stored in the basement (so I believe) of the Williamson where I think you have to make an appointment to view them.
(If so does anyone else fancy going along as a group)
Posted By: rocks Re: Pics in Art Gallery query - 14th Apr 2013 10:02am
iv taken pics of paintings in a gallery and never been told not too, some rooms state no photos tho and id be up for going to see them in a group smile
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Pics in Art Gallery query - 14th Apr 2013 12:05pm
That would be a good idea derek. I'd be interested. Photo wise it's best to ask them when you're there. There might even be notices up about it.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Pics in Art Gallery query - 15th Apr 2013 6:42pm
The director offered to get the Talbot Kelly paintings of Egypt from the basement and for me to have a private view but I did not take up the offer, so I know he is most obliging.

You must make arrangements beforehand which helps them plan which staff available.

I would think it is not a very good time at present as they are in the middle of extensive alterations. Williamson now has a new cafe ans small shop.Best to phone for a chat.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral