Forums
Posted By: TheDr Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 11th Apr 2013 5:06am
Does anyone have any idea why sections of grass/soil that have been removed from Victoria Park ?

There are a load of them around the outside of the field, they range from about 2m x 2m up to about 4m x 4m, and are about 30cm deep (I know this because I fell in one about 3am whilst out with the dog, bleedin' ankle is killing me.........stop laughing at the back).

They don't look deep enough for plants (unless they're putting in raised beds), and some are next to each other so maybe not shelters, just seems a bit strange for them to appear like that.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 11th Apr 2013 6:50am
Maybe ground work for exercise equipment like Birkenhead Park, or CCTV poles maybe.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 11th Apr 2013 7:56am
They are digging holes and planting trees on the pavements down Duke st, maybe parks and gardens have a load of money they need to waste.
Posted By: gingevans Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 11th Apr 2013 8:27am
The Government are burying their cash, in the hope of growing money trees! crazy
Posted By: Tatey Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 11th Apr 2013 8:27am
Could be the sites for the slit trenches when North Korea takes over.
Posted By: starakita Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 12th Apr 2013 4:11pm
couldn't help laughing at the Dr,I saw them digging them on Wednesday when I was walking the dog,I was wondering what they were for maybe exercise stuff like Birkenhead park only time will tell
Posted By: millreefinley Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 12th Apr 2013 4:49pm
they were putting kerb edging round them this morning,council got no money so we spend it on something else the local yobs can wreck
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 12th Apr 2013 5:32pm
Alien visitors in their little spaceships have left the holes.

Tin hats at the ready.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 14th Apr 2013 9:10am
They have been filled in with concrete now . Someone told me there going to be putting shelters on them. Hope not, or they will become a meeting place for gangs of kids .
I would of thought though if that's true then anyone living nearby would of got notices put through their door enabling you to comment .
Will wait and see what they are before i start moaning .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 14th Apr 2013 12:51pm
The same holes are all along the grass side of Exmouth Street.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 14th Apr 2013 3:21pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
The same holes are all along the grass side of Exmouth Street.
Correction, its not possible to dig the same hole twice, only a similar hole.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 14th Apr 2013 3:27pm
Correction, council have a hole cloning gadget for special occasions and stuff
Posted By: starakita Re: Victoria Park - Cut Outs in the Field - 14th Apr 2013 3:50pm
someone told me it was for exercise equipment
© Wirral-Wikiwirral