Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Bidston Lighthouse - 1st Apr 2013 3:32am
I'm always finding new things that fascinate me about the Wirral despite having lived there. It seems that wirralcam now have a camera located on Bidston Lighthouse, I didn't even know there was a lighthouse in Bidston, is it by the windmill?
Then I read an old article that it had been bought by a private party a few years ago. Does anyone know what's happening with it and whether it's open to the public?
Posted By: Tatey Re: Bidston Lighthouse - 1st Apr 2013 8:01am
I believe that it was bought by the people that were living there & it is close to Bidston Observatory which are the other end of the ridge from the windmill.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Bidston Lighthouse - 1st Apr 2013 9:41am
Just realised a new one from Steve the cam man, there's three cameras at the moment on Fort Perch Rock,he's getting ready for BA70 (70th Anniversary of the Battle of the Atlantic) at the end of May.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Bidston Lighthouse - 1st Apr 2013 7:21pm
Spoke to Steve the camera man today, he says that was quick spotting his camera on Bidston Lighthouse, he says the building is private and is being renovated, people who own it are hoping to open it for a few days for the public to visit but at the moment it's closed to the public until renovations are completed, when isn't known as they are doing it themselves.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Bidston Lighthouse - 2nd Apr 2013 12:42am
Originally Posted by davew3
Spoke to Steve the camera man today, he says that was quick spotting his camera on Bidston Lighthouse, he says the building is private and is being renovated, people who own it are hoping to open it for a few days for the public to visit but at the moment it's closed to the public until renovations are completed, when isn't known as they are doing it themselves.

The views from it today were lovely, can't wait to move back there later this year smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral