Forums
Posted By: Chris_M Land clearing Port sunlight - 31st Mar 2013 9:12am
Can any one tell me why the land next to port sunlight "smelly egg bridge" has been cleared of all trees and shrubs!!
Posted By: Papa_Juliet Re: Land clearing Port sunlight - 31st Mar 2013 11:06am
Homes to replace golf driving range
Posted By: Chris_M Re: Land clearing Port sunlight - 31st Mar 2013 12:05pm
Thanks for the info smile
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Land clearing Port sunlight - 31st Mar 2013 1:21pm
Probably means another set of lights on the A41 soon then, a journey that use to be 5-6 mins 10 years ago from Brom to P/Sunlight now takes about 10-12.
Posted By: Papa_Juliet Re: Land clearing Port sunlight - 31st Mar 2013 5:01pm
There are 17 traffic lights/pedestrian crossings between end of New Ferry bypass and junction 5 of the M53, a stretch of 3.7 miles of the A41. I stopped at almost every set on Friday!
I'm not suggesting they are not all necessary but I wish they had more intelligent control to keep traffic flowing. The lights at Candy being one of the worst, stopping traffic on the A41 to give a 10 second opportunity for imaginary traffic to come out of Old Hall Road. I'm sure someone at the police traffic control is watching and having some fun!
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Land clearing Port sunlight - 31st Mar 2013 11:16pm
The stretch of road has become ridiculous now, stop,start,stop,start and on and bloody on. Cant be good for the so called global warming. Surely they could set the timers to coincide so at least if you are stopped at a red then next 3 sets will be green if you traveled at a reasonable speed? Would that be difficult?

They have removed zebra crossing(s) and a bridge crossing whilst adding approx 3 new sets of lights in the last 10 or so years.
Posted By: puntoar Re: Land clearing Port sunlight - 1st Apr 2013 6:00pm
Yes I had it confirmed via a leaflet through the door, yet another set of traffic lights on the A41 when the houses are built
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Land clearing Port sunlight - 1st Apr 2013 8:19pm
Originally Posted by puntoar
Yes I had it confirmed via a leaflet through the door, yet another set of traffic lights on the A41 when the houses are built

I was joking to, the 40mph will be reduced to 30 mph soon as it's to built up, loads of speeding fines will cover costs of replacing the signs etc.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Land clearing Port sunlight - 2nd Apr 2013 10:46am
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz
Surely they could set the timers to coincide so at least if you are stopped at a red then next 3 sets will be green if you travelled at a reasonable speed? Would that be difficult?

No, not difficult at all: they did it on the A4 through Slough in the 1950's. If you started from a set of lights which had just turned green and maintained 30 mph, you would sail through the rest. From memory, that stretch of road through Slough Trading Estate had about twenty junctions, each with a set of lights.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral