Forums
Posted By: Guzzler Clothes for cash shops - 16th Mar 2013 8:54pm
I've got some clothes to get rid of & there seems to be these shops popping up everywhere. Does anyone know anything about them? They generally offer somewhere around 50-60p per kilo but they don't all accept the same kind of things. Some are even offering "franchise" type deals. Obviously a growth market but I'm a little suspicious.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Clothes for cash shops - 16th Mar 2013 9:33pm
hi,i worked in the one in liscard opposite chutneys indian resturant,they pay 60p per kilo and it is a genuine buisness,from the shop they get taken to ireland to the distribution centre and split into ladies,mens and kids and from there they are shipped abroad to africa.
its a goverment funded scheme that the african goverment pay our goverment for them and our goverment pay us to run the shops.
Posted By: trouble Re: Clothes for cash shops - 16th Mar 2013 10:04pm
ye i know what some do .they sift threw ye stukk takin out the named stuff an flog it on ebay i worked in one so know
Posted By: trouble Re: Clothes for cash shops - 16th Mar 2013 10:06pm
nothing to do with the goverment
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Clothes for cash shops - 17th Mar 2013 8:48am
trouble,i think you'll find the one that i worked in IS goverment funded so before you go calling me a liar get your facts right ok.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Clothes for cash shops - 17th Mar 2013 9:35am
Originally Posted by trouble
ye i know what some do .they sift threw ye stukk takin out the named stuff an flog it on ebay i worked in one so know
IS THIS ENGLISH.............
Posted By: Dilly Re: Clothes for cash shops - 17th Mar 2013 9:37am
if they are willing to buy them and you are willing to sell them, does it matter what they do with them ?
Posted By: rottylady Re: Clothes for cash shops - 17th Mar 2013 10:43am
there are two of these shops in moreton, one of them just buys them, the other one by iceland buys the clothing & and also sells them back to the public, i have had a browse of the clothing for sale, good quality, & cheaper than what you would pay in a charity shop
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Clothes for cash shops - 17th Mar 2013 10:57am
yes this one i worked in was english,if you go to the foreign ones and ask them what they do with the clothes they refuse to tell you.
Posted By: littlebird Re: Clothes for cash shops - 17th Mar 2013 2:30pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
if they are willing to buy them and you are willing to sell them, does it matter what they do with them ?

Exactly.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Clothes for cash shops - 17th Mar 2013 4:06pm
Its a good way of laundering money !!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Clothes for cash shops - 17th Mar 2013 9:36pm
I generally take stuff to charity shops as they will be loosing out on Donations but last year I did take a load of clothes to one of these places. Mainly stuff that is un sellable in charity shops ie. Primani basic t shirts etc
© Wirral-Wikiwirral