Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Hickory Smokehouse - 9th Mar 2013 5:36am
Has anyone tried the Hickory Smokehouse formerly the Moby Dick in West Kirby yet? I was just looking at their facebook page and so far it's getting rave reviews.

Also do they have a heated outdoor patio for us smokers to partake in our habit of choice?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Hickory Smokehouse - 9th Mar 2013 10:02am
I heard there it was opening but didn't realise it was so soon. I quite often go to the one in Chester and love it.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Hickory Smokehouse - 9th Mar 2013 1:33pm
I worked on the refurb so I know it very well. I have sampled various food there when the chefs where training the new staff and it tasted dam good.
The front terrace has been extended and we put patio heaters in there and at the side terrace too. To be honest, when I tried them out they seemed to just light your face up red rather than actually warm you up. It all looks very smart anyway and there are loads of quirky features all over the place that the guy who designed it had put in.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Hickory Smokehouse - 10th Mar 2013 12:06am
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
Has anyone tried the Hickory Smokehouse formerly the Moby Dick in West Kirby yet? I was just looking at their facebook page and so far it's getting rave reviews.

Also do they have a heated outdoor patio for us smokers to partake in our habit of choice?

It is a long way to come for a smoke, better to give up the deadly weed
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Hickory Smokehouse - 10th Mar 2013 12:42am
Originally Posted by Salmon
Originally Posted by Elizabeth

It is a long way to come for a smoke, better to give up the deadly weed

It's my only vice, Salmon but yes a long way from where I live to go for a smoke smile
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: Hickory Smokehouse - 10th Mar 2013 9:33am
Can confirm this place is worth a visit.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral